303 71.80%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Which does the majority perfer ????

personally... Squidgies 0 Gulp 1

Re: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Gulps for me...

Great range, Biodegradable, can reuse over and over and they have a great action!!

BilgeBoy

gulps seem easyer to use and more afective

Arent gulps single use plastics bilgeboy.

I find both effective for the style of fishing I do which tends to be for flathead and around the rocks, gulp are more bait like where as squidgies require more skill I tend to like Atomic and Ecogear softbaits over squidgies but squidgies work fine I just like the colours available in the other two. As mentioned gulps are more single use whereas the others are reusable as a lure should be.

the only thing squidgies have to thier defence is that they are alot tougher and more durable than the gulps (WHO REALLY PUT THE WORD SOFT IN SOFT PLASTICS) and i find get chunks taken out of them by fish.

but they can be reused, although they dont recommend it, i just use an old gulp bag and all my left overs to it. but i also guess it depends on how fast you use a pack casue i turn over a couple of packs a week so they are not sitting around long and dont have time to decompose..

ANYONE... Should i stick with NITRO jig heads or is there something better ?

gulp are a great lure to increase confidence or when the fishing is really tough, but for me it is much more satisfying hooking up on a conventional plastic like one of the squidgy range.

You will actually find that squidgies are bringing out a bio-degradable range later in the year. Around june I believe. Interesting to see how the go?

Berkley powerbaits are also extremely effective if you want a reusable plastic.

Terminator snapbacks are almost indestructible and catch plenty of fish.

gulps for me

neil

gulps is what i use

i use them all with no real preferance for any...
    they all work on their day.....i just swap around untill i see whats working....
    but in saying that i have no real preferance , i find myself using more powerbaits than the others....

charlie bouy ::.. those nitros are great jig heads..so are the squidgey finesse range....

there all bloody good fun to use......

Maxi

gulps for me
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

i have been using gulps recently.. it's a shame about the prices on them though.. they aren't cheap compared to the squidgies..

all plastics work.. it all depends on right time right place right plastic..

i mainly use squidgys and the odd powerbait,gulp
    looks like im misssing out on something
    do you class gulps and powerbait as the same
    for fish caught squidgys and power bait are pretty much even for me