422. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squigies

119 28.20%
  • Gulp

303 71.80%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Re: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

I agree with Greg. There is more satisfaction for me catching fish on many varieties of sp than just gulp. Gulps are great sp's and have worked for me when nothing else would. They smell like crap though and would rather use squidgy just for that fact.

Pete.

Gulps and power baits for me, I've only ever caught fish on them and nothing else.

Mick.

Squidgies are my fav but caught barra and jack on most soft plastics, eco lure ,atomics,storm,bayside ,snapbacks, but I find squidgies my preferred soft plastic for casting .dropbear 75mm or 100mm slick riggs..

Greg
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

SQUIDGIES! Berkley gulps share many of the same attributes as bait they smell and attract all the pickers, espcially fishing of the shore like i mostly do i need a durable plastic that isnt gona come back half eaten after one cast. Just as bassjunky said squidgy are bringing out a bio-degradeble range in late june early july. In conclusion it all comes down to personal preferance.

Gulps for me too

live bait

But if I use plastics.... gulps...

I've found gulp worms and grubs effective just rigged for bait fishing with little action. They do seem to go off if you don't fridge them. And alot of grubs come back with the tail bitten off. I prefer the fact they breakdown to the SP pollution.

GULPS & TT Jigheads without a shadow of a doubt...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Never used the squidgies there has never been a need to as the gulps are dangerous. I feel a bit sorry for the fish they are that good
    It's all part of the fishing experience

both but if i had to choose between the two.
    Gulps for me..

I like glups but i have caught fish on both

True plastics for me , Powerbaits etc , Gulps are too easy just compressed fish food really! I've got to admit that do have some for when it gets quiet though.

i use gulp some times...however i really do like to use Squidgies and other softies where upon catching a fish means that i have fooled it into thinking that it was actually a little bait fish or prawn or something...when i use gulp i might as well have just used a bait. after all if catching fish was meant to be so easy it wouldn't be so fun

I'm a Tackle Tart so i'll use anything that looks good (and some that don't). I'm a fan of the gulps but the squidgey 55mm wriggler(Gary Glitter) is my Go To bass lure(#4 ball jig on a gold beetle spin). Never fails in the creeks.

it always makes me smile when i read threads like this..
    if you believe australian chatboards there are basically only 2 companies that produce soft plastics, Berkley & Squidgies. these are the two that have high profile pushers & a big marketing programme..others do receive an occasional mention.

truth is if you look around there are dozens of companies, (all overseas & all more cost affective than the ones mentioned) basically they all make copies of each others standard range, with a few different ones thrown in..
    they all work in a similar fashion & they all catch fish..
    before the berkley train started, zooms were the flavour of the month, & still work brilliantly for those that still use them, what happened??

i am sure user technique has a lot to do with it.

personally, i have never bought a packet of Berkley, mates have them & use them side by side for similar results, & won't ever bother while i can get Gamblers, Strike Kings & Zooms.
    i just hate being told by someone that is being paid by a company that their product is the best. that is what they are paid for, whether they believe it or not..
    just my 2 cents