Thread: 45 mm Killalure

45 mm Killalure

G’day all, I have never used this style of lure before, and while on the water edge I figured I’d take the split ring off and tie a loop knot direct to the lure.
    I put the pliers back into the bag, grabbed the lure and found I hadn’t dun the cleverest of thungs.

The odd shaped toeing point is now forever living on the edge of nth Pine Dam-lost, and I now have a brand new lure with no toe point and a rather odd thing to substitute.

Anyone ever lost one of these toe points, and got a suggestion of what to use to replace it? Better still, reckon tackle shops might have spares? Given they’d have to be commonly lost. I can’t recall where I bought it is all. Maybe the tackle shop at Caboolture on Beerburrum Rd. Mr. Tackle shop guy, you out there?

Any help would be great thanks

rob

Re: 45 mm Killalure

G'day Rob,

From a luremakers point of view I tend to get a little annoyed when someone dicks around with a lure considering the time & effort put into research & development by the maker to produce a lure that performs to an optimum level.

I take it that your lure has a slot in the bib which held the towing wire. If so, you can make a replacement from 1.2mm stainless mig wire. What you do is to take a piece of wire around 30mm long and form it into a staple (U) large enough to go through the bib slot. Place it into the slot & bend the shafts at right angles forward & aft.

You probably will have to experiment a bit with the amount of staple showing above the level of the bib.

Make sure you replace the split ring.

Cheers - Lou

Thanks lou, I didn't mean to piss anyone off, just a habit to reduce as much heavy gear from small lures as possible. I'm sure many lure manufacturers do a great job, while others do need a touch up here and there, seems like this one didn't though. My blue.

thanks heaps
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by robyoung2 View Post
    Thanks lou, I didn't mean to piss anyone off, just a habit to reduce as much heavy gear from small lures as possible. I'm sure many lure manufacturers do a great job, while others do need a touch up here and there, seems like this one didn't though. My blue.

thanks heaps
    rob

No worries Rob. I hope you can fix your lure ok.

I agree with your comments re some manufacturers needing a touch up - especially considering some of the junk being imported. Pride in workmanship & product just doesn't seem to be too common these days unfortunately.

Cheers - Lou

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    No worries Rob. I hope you can fix your lure ok.

I agree with your comments re some manufacturers needing a touch up - especially considering some of the junk being imported. Pride in workmanship & product just doesn't seem to be too common these days unfortunately.

Cheers - Lou
    Lou ... Your lures dont apply here ....! (your reputation proceeds you) ....... NAGG
    PS I'll catch up with you in 4-5 weeks time