Thread: line question

line question

Ive got a airflo clear intermediate WF line, great line but as its been used it doesnt slide through the runners as easily (untill it gets wet then its real slimy ), ive washed it after every use. Is there anything I can apply to it or should i just wet it before i use it?

Re: line question

Luke warm soapy water (somewhere at a temp where you can still safely chuck a baby into the bath without the critter screaming its head off)
    Use a soft cloth and run the line firmly through the cloth a couple of times (about a dozen times should do ya)
    Then rinse the line in clean water
    Dry the line by pulling it through a white towel - any marks on the towel and the line is not clean => start from step one and repeat the cleaning steps

Most fly shops will sell you some snake charming potion that you can dress the line with.

Grime build up over the years though and nicks and scars on the line is inevitable. UV damage is terminal and can not be cured. Some lines can be saved with a thorough scrubbing / others have just reached the end of their service life. Bite the bullet and get a new one, but keep the old one. Perfect to use as a practice line in the park, down the corridor of the hotel you are staying at(just dont hit any pictures hanging on the walls, but that is another story for another day...)

On a point of interest, when last did you check and clean your runners?

Wessel

i will be using them tips wessel . good stuff
    figjam :wink:

Thanks I clean it regularly same with the runners.