Thread: Gold Barra

Gold Barra

There were some posts a while ago with some pics of a gold barra I can not view the barra anymore. If someone has the pics can they please email me or repost please!

Re: Gold Barra

An albino one ...............dont know anything about a gold one!

I think the post ya lookin for will be in the Freshwater Reports section.From memory titled:- Lenthalls Gold.

The fish in this lake take on this goldy type camoflauge as well as very dark hues,Through to the more traditional chrome plated numbers.A diverse range of colours indeed.And a beautiful place to fish.If you haven't been there already.Put it on ya must fish destination list.

Below is a specimen from Lake Lenthall.It's not quite as gold as the picture your thinkin of.But in it's own special way,A pretty groovy lookin Barra.

Eddys Surface Buster at 11am.Awsome!

The albino Barra is the one ya wanna look at.The best lookin Barra I've seen by far.A very fish.
    Last edited by Hardb8; 08-03-2007 at 08:38 PM.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Thanks Hardb8 might have to head there for a daytrip to have a look around. Still haven't caught a barra yet haven't been fishing for a while. I am looking at buying my own boat round september (instead on relying on a mate) so hopefully my luck will get better

Here a couple of goldies I had up in the 'show us your barra' post - Jim
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

Here's another that was in that post

(Blacks Weir, Townsville)

thanks guys they are awesome, I just wish I had caught them!

Cheers Matt.B.

Just thought I would submit this Beautiful Lenthalls Barra caught about 4 months ago, Cheers Whitto

Whitto

Nice fish I hope to catch one like it one day, hehe
    Cheers Matt.B.

Thumbs up Re: Gold Barra

You Will Matt You Will, Because the water in Lenthalls is Tannum stained all the Barra have this colouring about them, I took this photo looking up and the flash and the sun reflex of the scales,makes for a great photo, Cheers Whitto

those aren't gold!

Owned by a guy in the USA i believe, worth its weight in gold too

Everythings bigger ,golder in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Everythings bigger ,golder in the states.
    Na Oz has it all over the US in every way i rekon

You gotta admit though it is one amazing barra!

The one i posted is different to the others though, she is gold because of a genetic colour morph (type of albinism), where the others are gold due to the water they live in and their surroundings.