Thread: Pimpama River

Pimpama River

Hi all,

I have fished the pimpama a few times over the past couple of months in the tinny and have go absolutley nothing besides 1 or 2 brim and catties.

Has anyone fished this river before? and any tips would be great, it looks like a fishy place and it jsut hasnt performed.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Pimpama River

Hi Dan,
    I fished there a couple of weeks ago and although there was some fresh we managed a feed of whiting and bream, alot of stingray as well , but you have to take the good with the bad. What are you using for bait? I use yabbies there mainly.
    Cheers

We mainkly use gulps etc and flesh baits, worms etc

It does empty out in some spots, but there is some nice crabs in there ifyou can find them..

Cheers

Dan

I haunt the Pimpama a fair bit and most of the time get a feed.Mullett flesh always works well and when the tide is out pump some yabbies.I've never been in their at night so all day fishing.Yabbies or mullett flesh floated right into the mangroves at high tide will bring out jack (providing there is shade on the water i've noticed) or xos bream.We've caught bream,jack,whiting,flathead and don't forget the pots as there's plenty of sandies about.If you want exact spots Dan i don't mind if you pm me.

Cheers
    Bream Reaper.

Hey Dan, Are you fishing out of a boat or landbased? I've fished it a few times landbased and have done ok off the weir using livebaits. Have caught a couple of Jacks, bream, flathead.

Johnny

Cheers all for the info,

I am fishing out of a boat and we put in at the weir which is right up the river and head down, have done well on muddies of late but lots of undersize.

Interesting about the shaded water Bream reaper?

I will send you a pm.

PS: i hope my pots are still there, left them there since saturday as i had to go home early as the gear selector broke in the old Johnno!!!!

Cheers

Dan