Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berkley Gulp 3" Minnow Grub?

Re: Berkley Gulp 3" Minnow Grub?

G'day TOL

The Gulps are biodegrateable,. and WILL dry out if given the chance. Jut keep the gulps in a moist place (best thing is the original package) and don't mix any plastics of different colours togeather. Otherwise you will get a bleeding of colours.

Both the colours of packets of gulps represents the freshwater and saltwater versions.

The jgheads seem ok, the lighter the better. Hool size is about rigt.

The reel will be fine, run some 8lb fireline on it and some 10lb flurocarbon (vanish) lader

Dave

TOL
    i use the same jig heads and i'll be going smaller/ lighter for bream.
    i run 10lb fireline and a 12lb leader.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by 84mick View Post
    Haha, I do Kim but its hard to play around with the tackle cause as soon as I open it the smell of SP's fills the room

Cheers guys, Mick.
    You mean that's NOT an aphrodisiac ??

That could explain a few things

Has anyone tried some of the larger berkley offerings on impoundment barra?
    WIth all the success lately on slick rigs, I'm wondering if there is a discernable difference between the two?
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Dave & Neil,

Thank you guys, for your advice. Much appreciated. It sounds like I might be on the right track. Was thinking about that Vanish fluorocarbon leader. It's a lot thicker than the Fireline though for the same b/s, is that a problem, and what sort of a knot would do the trick? Sorry to be a pain.

Because I'm an old Alvey man, I was thinking of using either Platypus Platinum or Platypus Super 100 which are small diameter mono lines. Would these be suitable?

My plan is to go to the canals at Cleveland and have a bit of a throw around, not targetting anything, but just to get the hang of things. Apparently it's a couple of jigs, settle, wind a bit, and keep repeating the process.

I just have to spool up a couple of reels that nobody knows about, except us. Actually, I just bought a little Daiwa spinning reel on ebay this arvo. I'll worry about the repercussions later next week.

Gwenda struggles with all this gear and stuff, because she reckons you can only hang on to one rod at a time. She obviously misses the finesse involved with different gear for different situations.

I would really appreciate any advice you might care to offer.

Regards,

TOL

TOL... Tell Gwenda, that she can only cut with one knife at a time in the kitchen so why does she need another one.... Just remember to have your running shoes on at the time and the front door key in your pocket to let yourself back in a few hours later after things have settled.....

G'day

lol @ booty, have you tried that before?

TOL - use the vanish, the thicker diametre = more abrasion resistant. It's a fluro, so is extreemly difficult to see underwater.

You could use the platinum or super 100, but if you were goig to use a mono, go to the lo-strech. The idea of plastics is to be in tune with the lure at all times, thats why 99% of use a braid, such as fireline. Once you get used to it, you'd never go back

Dave

Booty in Blue,

I don't think I'll tell Gwenda about the Daiwa while she's got a knife in her hand, mightn't be safe.

Dave,

Looks like braid it is.

Many thanks,

TOL

YOU CAN RE-USE YA GULPS....just slid the little suckers of when you are finished and pop them back in the original packet. There is always extra JUICE in teh original packet to keep them moist.

I ALWAYS re-use and never have any issues. Just this weekend I was catching good numbers of small squire on a Nuclear chicken minnow that only weeks before was catching Moses perch. It still had chunks out of it,

I only get rid of them when they get bashed big time...i.e. if they loose the tail etc as this limits their action. After all this is what attracts the fish in the first place.

Cant talk for other brands...but the Gulps are fine.

Oh...I have hear Aniseed oil is good if you run out of the original fluid!!

I prefer Nuclear chicken and pumpkin seed colour.

BilgeBoy

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    You mean that's NOT an aphrodisiac ??

That could explain a few things

I shouldnt have opened my mouth! lol