Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Gulp 3" Minnow Grub?

Thumbs up Berkley Gulp 3" Minnow Grub?

Gday fellow fisherman, I wanna start using gulps more often because they are biodegradalbe so I am thinking about trying the pumpkinseed grubs and was wondering what your throughts are on them?

Cheers, Mick.

Re: Berkley Gulp 3" Minnow Grub?

All the gulps are great mate....I have caught all sorts on them.
    Only drawback is you must throw em away after you use them but they still work out cheap.
    I have had great success on the 5cm Baby shrimp in the 'New Penny' colour.

yeh i prefer the minnow in pumpkin seed. it has lured so many victims

Thanks Pete, are the new peny colour baby shrimp the red and green ones?

Chrees, Mick.

Im guessing at lot of Lizards? haha

Nuclear Chicken I think....

Gulps are great, i've caught bass and flatties on the 3" minnow grub. You can reuse them, just don't put them back in the packet with fresh gulps, after use I chuck 'em in with my atomics.

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by 84mick View Post
    Thanks Pete, are the new peny colour baby shrimp the red and green ones?

Chrees, Mick.
    The new penny colour is sort of orange/Reddy on top with a cream/white belly.
    Caught lots of lizards,cod,small jacks,trevally and bream.

G'day
    A gulp 3'' minnow grub in pumpkinseed is the first one i caught fish on, after that i was hooked.

Dave

The 3" Gulp grub in PS is a sure winner for any estuary fish like bream and flatties. I never realised until recently that there are two types. The red packet and the blue and yellow packet. The blue and yellow is a bit tougher for salwater use, but the name is different - same profile.

I'd get the name for you but the tacklebox is in the bedroom where the wife is sleeping ( not well) so I think I will save looking around in there for now!!

Scalem

Scalem,
    Do you sleep with your tackle box under the bed??
    That is addicted!!
    Cheers Kim.

haha placcies are certainly addictive.

3" minnow grub pumkinseed and watermelon work a treat
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

3" pumpkinseed grub are the best...

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Scalem,
    Do you sleep with your tackle box under the bed??
    That is addicted!!
    Cheers Kim.

Haha, I do Kim but its hard to play around with the tackle cause as soon as I open it the smell of SP's fills the room

Thanks Pistol_P, I'll grab a packet next time I see them. I still havent landed a Jack so hopefully these new ones will

Cheers guys, Mick.

I've been following this thread with interest, as I think I'm just about ready to give the soft plastics a go after speaking to a couple of members at a little gathering some time ago.

I hope my questions are not off topic, so here goes: Somebody on this thread said you have to throw the Berkley Gulps away after you've used them, and another member said that he keeps his used ones with other sp's of a different brand. Why is this? Could I keep the used ones in one of those resealable plastic bags that are used for lunches?

So far I've got 3" Minnow Grubs in Pumpkinseed, 2.5" Mullet in Pumpkinseed and 3"swimming Mullet in Watermelon. It was only after reading Scalem's comments that I've realised I've got them in both the red and the blue packs, so I hope that's not a problem.

Now, I also got some jigheads: some Squidgy round heads in 5 grams #1 fine gauge and also some Squidgy Finesse bullet shaped jigheads in 3 grams. I reckon they'd be about a 2/0 hook, even though the little box on the packet is ticked as #1. The Finesse jigheads have a heavier gauge hook that the round head ones.

Have I gone too heavy with the jigheads? And also, are the sp's I've bought suitable for the jigheads i've bought?

I've got a Shimano 7' 2-4 kg rod and I'm going to match up a Shimano 4000 FX to it (I think it is, because it's hidden away in the shed, away from enquiring eyes).

What b/s line could anybody recommend?

Many thanks,

TOL