Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Sunseeker 78 hits the docks

Re: Latest Sunseeker 78 hits the docks

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Guts View Post
    far more freeboard, far more stability and less windage ?? whatever...there floating palances not boats..if these things dont have a windage problem why has everyone got thrusters on them then ? trust me they look brilliant but in the sea they nose down and shit themselves all over the place. i drove a 65ft dyna for a year up north off and on, and although not a sunseeker, quite similiar in layout, it handled like an absolute pig !!! let alone the wetness of it, i dont know how many wiper blades we went through.

i gurantee this thing alongside a 58 riv or big cresta,the sunskker would be left behind with chardonay and caviar from head to toe.

please go on ..
    So because you wore out a set of wiper blades on a similar looking (but not the same) vessel you have decided that every boat that bears a sup[erficial resenblance to that one is unworthy of heading outside and running up and down the coast.

Twin screw boats these days have thrusters because the client wants them, and it is now expected equipment. Nobody even comments on this part of the specification anymore because they do make life easier.

Then you compare sunseeker to a riv 58/Cresta? Take a look at the marketing info/hype and see if how many times they use words like luxury or have pics of people drinking champagne. Besides, I know of another comparable vessel of similar example to the Riv 58 that would eat that up in terms of constrruction, performance & finish given a level playing field.

Pinhead, There was a Riv several years back that had its flybridge taken off by a bridge....34/36 I think.

cbs

yeeeeeop !

Gee, times like that you would need a minty