Thread: minn kota probs

minn kota probs

I notice castamasta is after an auto electrician for his and now I'm having probs with mine. It's the RT55AP model and still under warranty I think.

I took my boat to Gladstone marine and they welded on a platform and painted it up. Crap workmanship really and for 640 bucks I wasn't impressed but anyway I digress.

Now I have it back it won't foot steer to the right at all. It will turn to the right of its own accord under auto pilot so I assume the leccie motor in the head is fine in both directions it just aint getting commands from the foot pedal.

I will send it away if I absolutely have to but hate not having it to fish with. Especially now its on the shiny new boat.

Any ideas guys? Have flushed out the foot control plug with inox and also gave a squirt up into the foot control itself.

Mark

Re: minn kota probs

Send it back Mate
    Same thing happened to mine and I got it replaced (well fixed) no questions asked, if the retailer you bought it from gives you greif go straight to BLA the level of service was in stark contrast to the retailer that I bought mine from.
    it sux being of the water I agree

yeh tell me about it,i agree with flyfisho,send it back they will take care of it for you,casta.

Yep send it back ...... My maximiser needed to replaced (after 6 weeks ) To me it seemed like the foot controller was not responding ....... BLA fixed & returned the 74lb riptide in 10 days NAGG

Mina Kota 2 year warranty.
    dont stuff with it. BLA will fix it.
    then it realy gets ughly

Send it back, its a 3 year warranty on Kota's. Mine was doing the same thing. I think they replaced one of the boards. BLA has fantastic service. One thing they did say to me was don't use INOX or any other spray on the foot pedal. To clean it just put it in a buckets of warm soapy water and rinse with freash water.

Cheers

John

Thanks for that guys. I was never gunna pull it apart just wondered if there were any quick fixes like cleaning the plug a certain way.

I hope they don't knock back my warranty coz I sprayed some inox in there. That'd be my luck though.

We'll see