Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Shamatures.

Re: Shamatures.

On Monday I was driving north passing the Clarence & Richmond rivers, I saw a trawler heading up stream on one.

I'm surprised there is anything left after the run-off from a flood a few years back almost killed everything.

It was awful, the rivers stunk for weeks & one turned a brown redish colour, I saw this, as I used to drive from Murwillumbah to Woolgoolga and back every weekend.

Even now I never see anyone fishing the upper reaches of those rivers, may well be a different story down stream. If Onerabbit reads this comment he might be able to add something about the fishing down stream.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

hi roz
    as a past trawler operator we used to catch a lot of school prawns just before and after the floods .water colour can be deceivingas fresh water stays on top while salt water in on the bottom therefore a lot off marine life

pete

Quote Originally Posted by outsiderskip View Post
    hi roz
    as a past trawler operator we used to catch a lot of school prawns just before and after the floods .water colour can be deceivingas fresh water stays on top while salt water in on the bottom therefore a lot off marine life

pete
    Your're absolutely right Pete, I noticed that situation happening a lot when fishing way up stream in the Tweed for Australian Bass.

But in this instance the stench was strong, for quite a while & I remember winding the window up when driving past. I also remember it was quite a while before trawlers were allowed to work upstream again, even now I wouldn't fancy eating anything from the bottem end of the food chain that comes from the upper reaches of those two rivers.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!