Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shamatures.

Re: Shamatures.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
    Give this thread a break. Its (langauge edited ) and you know it. Know one sells fish in this day and age. And if you do, snap out of it. Your giving us a bad name.

signed tunaman
    No body forced you to post here tunaman.

signed roz

OOOoops there's that burley trail again Kev
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 08-03-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

( keep your comments to the subject of the topic, if you have nothing to add, add nothing.........Moderated. )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 08-03-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    OOOoops there's that burley trail again Kev
    Follow it downtide roz, you won't get hooked that way

kev............who's always following burley uptide

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

[quote=roz;586907]
    At the end of the day it's nice to go to a M&G and meet up with some of your opposition, I know there have been times I've thought....hope I never meet that B@$T&*D!!!! ey Pinhead lol!!

cheers roz.

quote]

and your did go to a M&G and met the B@$T&*D...lol and I bet you regret it now.

[quote=PinHead;587271]
    Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    At the end of the day it's nice to go to a M&G and meet up with some of your opposition, I know there have been times I've thought....hope I never meet that B@$T&*D!!!! ey Pinhead lol!!

cheers roz.

quote]

and your did go to a M&G and met the B@$T&*D...lol and I bet you regret it now.
    Hey Pinhead!!!
    I tried to send an e-mail to that B joker at $T&*D...lol but nothing happened. Don't know why??
    Back to the thread now...
    When it all boils down people have the choice to sell or not.

If you sell...
    your breaking the law,
    IMO you don't think much of your friends who you sell to,
    Your form of fishing must be economically borderline if you need to sell to recoupe costs,
    If you have to sell to recoupe costs then your more likely to get to your bag limit (not saying everybody would go overbag but it could happen to get more returns) thusly putting more pressure on resources.
    plus a few others that I shouldn't write about

If you don't sell
    Your not breaking the law,
    You may think your friends as friends if you give them a fillet or two or invite them around for a feed.
    Your not too worried about not catching a fish if your form of fishing doesn't stretch the budget to a degree that the family will miss out on a feed if you don't catch anything.

A couple have said what's the problem in getting some pocket money selling fish.
    My point is if the pocket money is just pocket money why bother selling.
    What's the point in selling if you sell for $5 for a kilo or so??
    How good is the 'friendship' if you sell fish to them for $10 for a kilo or so??

At that price your 'friends' may be better off going down to the shop and buying some for that price.

Is ' thusly ' a word Scott ?

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Is ' thusly ' a word Scott ?

Phill
    My fur coat it is

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage demonstrates that thusly is chiefly used in two constructions: when it follows the verb it modifies ("I have the vision of a little old man...who gives himself silent chuckles by seating people thusly"--William F. Buckley, Jr., in Esquire, 1974) and more specifically when it immediately precedes a passage set off by a colon.

Don't know how a colon (bit of my guts) gets a mention but there you go.

Last edited by finga; 09-03-2007 at 09:24 AM.

WoooooHoooo wouldn't have pick you as a grammarian Scott.

Back to the bun fight...You have basically summed it up ...again.

There isn't an endless supply of fish out there that can be used for "pocket money".

Pinhead,

Didn't end up regretting anything, that Ba$ta&d ended up being OK, he likes toyotas.. a big plus, I like the mullet or what's left of it, and he's big hearted & he gives nice hugs...
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Sorry in advance Scott.............

I like your definition of Thusly .... but I have my own.

[Origin: 1860–65, Americanism; thus + -ly]

—Usage note Some speakers and writers regard thusly as a pointless synonym for thus, and they avoid it or use it only for humorous effect.

hence forth you are Humourous.....Scott

Phill

ps, Roz, don't know how that Mullet reference is going to go down ???
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

ps, Roz, don't know how that Mullet reference is going to go down ???
    I don't give a rats, the poor pet will have to get over it.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Sorry in advance Scott.............

I like your definition of Thusly .... but I have my own.

[Origin: 1860–65, Americanism; thus + -ly]

—Usage note Some speakers and writers regard thusly as a pointless synonym for thus, and they avoid it or use it only for humorous effect.

hence forth you are Humourous.....Scott
    I get called lots of things fairly regularly and humorous isn't one that comes forth-with that often. So ta
    Last edited by finga; 09-03-2007 at 05:43 PM.

sorry guys I,m of the opinion only keep what you can eat.
    if they cant catch there own bad luck.

Happy Fishing

I'm with Blaze on this one, not that many years ago back under section 35A of the QLD fisheries act it was legal for amatures to sell their excess catch. All you did was go to the wholesalers, give them your name, your boxes of fish and they paid market rate in cash.

It was not an unusual thing to do and for many of the guy's who's names you now see in the media selling the sport did it every fishable weekend, then it was acceptable now it's not, times change and so public attitudes.

The amount of trade these days is a small issue and controlled by bag limits, but it still makes a great smoke screen when trotted out for fisheries managers to hide from real major issues such as species quota's and sustainable yeild

Guess I'll have to fess up.

Never have sold fish before,

But tomorrow there will be a sale on to make as much money as we can from some spanish mackeral I caught ages ago.

The menu tomorrow is curried fish over rice and is part of a new initiative to get kids to eat better and also raise much needed funds for our local school.

I guess it may be illegal in several ways but I,m happy to help this cause.

As kingie mentioned above the rules were once not so tough.My old man used to be involved with various community organizations and often used to make up seafood platters for fund raising raffles.(25-30 years ago).

What I am against is people who exploit or waste the fish stocks for their own greedy needs.Chances are,though, that these will probably be those same people who dont pay there way generally in life and are always on the take.

cheers Scott

Hi Roz, Been through this one before. I have seen pro boats in the Richmond river with big jew filling up the bottom of the boat. I have also seen amateurs catching their bag limit of jew and hiding them in the bushes and go back for more.But I have also seen fisho's doing the right thing and good on them. People are not stupid, they know who these shame fisho,s are. I catch jew and family and friends all get a feed (free of charge). What I want to know is Where have all the fish in the Richmond River gone??