Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shamatures.

Re: Shamatures.

Hi there Dave,

A friend of ours is a mackeral pro who works out of 1770, he has a wife and 7 children to feed.

A normal day for him would be up to 14 hours long, if he can't get out to sea he can't make a living.

I wonder how he would feel about an amature....any amature, fishing at outer rock, or any of the mackeral spots up there, and bagging out on mackeral 3 times over, then selling the surplus.

Good to see you put your point across.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

So you did respond. LOL.......Im off for a 10 day charter down the Kimberly,so ill have to catch up when i get back. YEEEEOOOOOOW

Go easy Roz, I see your point, but feel it may be getting lost in the various topics going on at once here. I don't think mr p-rock is worth getting your knickers knotted over either. Bit like trying to discipline someone elses child over the phone, if you know what i mean.

As for "THE CODE", everyone has their own version with their own perceptions, no black and white to be found. Personally, i think ppl who don't dob in serious instances are a bit nancy. They use 'the code' as a screen to hide their frilly knickers behind because they are scared for one reason or another - who knows.

Anyway, i have said the word "knickers" far too often already, so i'll end it there.

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    Go easy Roz, I see your point, but feel it may be getting lost in the various topics going on at once here. I don't think mr p-rock is worth getting your knickers knotted over either. Bit like trying to discipline someone elses child over the phone, if you know what i mean.

As for "THE CODE", everyone has their own version with their own perceptions, no black and white to be found. Personally, i think ppl who don't dob in serious instances are a bit nancy. They use 'the code' as a screen to hide their frilly knickers behind because they are scared for one reason or another - who knows.

Anyway, i have said the word "knickers" far too often already, so i'll end it there.

Damo
    Damo, I reckon you're pretty much spot on there. The majority of people that I have met throughout my life, who prescribe to this philosophy, and also those who are "gung ho" about "secret men's business"and the exclusion of females from that business, tend to come across (to me) as a somehow cowardly faction.

They know in their "heart of hearts" that what they prescribe to is wrong, but they appear to fear the admonishment of their peers who prescribe to similar philosophies. They prefer to be "one of the boys" rather that taking the difficult step of questioning their own, and their peer's attitudes, and they fear arriving at a conclusion of their own that may lead to some hard moral decisions and put them outside the circle of the "boy's club".

They get their laughs and jollies by ridiculing females to cover their own inadequacies, and they use "non-dobbing" as a tool to show their so-called mates that they are one of the boys, when in reality, I'm prepared to bet that without those ridiculous tools, the 'good old boy" would feel quite inadequate.

A crime is a crime, period, and the non-dobbing philosophy does nothing for Australian culture other than protect the criminal, and perhaps even encourage him/her further. The "bond" that is created between the perpetrator and the non-dobber, is built on illegality, and as such is a fragile bond built on the trust of those who should be mistrusted. A mateship built on the trust that you will protect that mate if he does something anti-social is of the old school "honour amongst thieves" philosophy, and is outdated, dangerous, and just plain wrong, morally and legally, and to teach it to other generations is an even greater crime. It teaches that you can do what you will and as long as you have mates around you, you will be protected.........it is street gang mentality.

If you contemplate not dobbing in a 'mate/bloke' then you should first ask yourself what is this "mate/bloke" thinking of when he puts you in the position of having to decide. Is he simply prescribing to the "Aussie way" or is he misusing your trust to bolster his own inadequacy by attempting to show you that he is a "good old boy" and a bit of a larrikin. Trusting someone to keep your secret about illegal activities, and attempting to gain trust by keeping quiet about those activities is NOT Australian or "matey" but simply cowardly and anti-social.

We owe a debt to society as a whole, more than we do to individual acquaintances, and this 'turning a blind eye' attitude is a prime factor in the degenaration of society, the breakdown of individual relationships, and the increase in crime, not just here in Oz, but throughout the world.

I have never understood why Australians claim "non-dobbing" as their own anyway.........why they should consider it to be un-Australian to dob? I have lived in quite a few places around the world and they all seem to have the same philosophy.

My apologies if this whingeing pom hasn't quite grasped the Australian psyche yet, and if I am out of step with Australian thinking, but to blindly follow a philosophy simply because you see it as un-Australian not to do so, without questioning the implications of that philosophy, can lead to the breakdown of that society that you so dearly wish to belong to.

Roz, don't waste your breath/typing finger

kev
    Last edited by kingtin; 01-03-2007 at 08:51 AM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Well said Kev and Damo.

thanks damo & Kev,

You're 100% correct, not worth getting hot under the collar over idiotic posts, don't know why I can't take my own advice.

What else can be said on this topic, without going off onto a tangent, which has happened here. Can get a bit firey.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hey Deiter I am with you.I Know some of the great catches shown on this site are sold cause my sister buys fish regularly off one of these SHAMATUERS who posts here regularly his photos and stories.--Common sense would tell you that some of these regular great catches are sold. I feel sorry for the real pros who pay huge fees to be undercut by these "people".Dont see too many wealthy pro line fishers Most are battlers trying to feed their family.

How about you name and shame lutjanus.

Lutjanus, If i had hard proof it would be done already.

Kev, one little line i heard years ago rings true to me whenever an instance or topic such as this arises,

"All that is needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing"

one to live by, me thinks,

Damo
    Last edited by Deiter; 01-03-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: crap spelling
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Lutjanus - spot on mate and I know where you are coming from as do a lot of past members.

Best to leave it there I think as some people shouldn't be throwing stones in their glass houses or their pot will turn black

Cheers

Greg

Can't stand kiss ar$e crawlers and I can't stand dobers........so I guess the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    Lutjanus, If i had hard proof it would be done already.

Kev, one little line i heard years ago rings true to me whenever an instance or topic such as this arises,

"All that is needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing"

one to live by, me thinks,

Damo
    True Damo, and as Jeremy's sig says, "Apathy is the enemy" but don't get me off on quotes again

This one is one which may well apply with regards to certain things that have been said in this thread.

“Solitude is strength; to depend on the presence of the crowd is weakness. The man who needs a mob to nerve him is much more alone than he imagines.”

Paul Brunton

kev

Last edited by kingtin; 01-03-2007 at 07:21 PM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Hey Logan,That done
    Greg P--Thanks-can see by your location u know

Fair Dinkum, This thread is a waste of time!

Everyone getting hot under the collar, for what?

People have been selling fish illegaly for the past 100 years and they'll still be doing it in the next 100 years.

I know it's illegal, everyone does, it doesn't stop them selling fish.

Get on with what you can control instead of bursting blood vessels over shit you can't control!

In my opinion, there's a lot of hypocrites involved in this thread for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Fair Dinkum, This thread is a waste of time!

Everyone getting hot under the collar, for what?

People have been selling fish illegaly for the past 100 years and they'll still be doing it in the next 100 years.

I know it's illegal, everyone does, it doesn't stop them selling fish.

Get on with what you can control instead of bursting blood vessels over shit you can't control!

In my opinion, there's a lot of hypocrites involved in this thread for one reason or another.
    I have never sold a fish to anyone....and if I came across it I would have no qualms in making the necessary phone calls....looks like you are defending these people.