Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shamatures.

Re: Shamatures.

I have decided to delete my response to P-ROCKS post, it didn't deserve a reply.

cheers r.
    Last edited by roz; 21-02-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    I have decided to delete my response to P-ROCKS post, it didn't deserve a reply.

cheers r.
    Why Roz??
    I'd like him to try and say that to the cook (no worries cause she call's me the lawn mower ) .
    It'll be like a scene from Batman...Zot...Bam....Pow....
    I actually wrote something else but I was afraid of getting banned again.
    I'm definitely male and I'll dob no worries.
    Phil put it all pretty good with his little saying.
    "To dob someone in for personal gain is un-Australian, to dob in a criminal is Australian"
    Last edited by finga; 27-02-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P-ROCK View Post
    Roz............You wouldn't understand...................its a male thing.
    Finga,

It's so hard to respond to an idiotic statement like the one above.

Well maybe P-ROCK it offends REAL males, but I can only guess.

In P-Rock's case maybe his small brain isn't located between his ears...

Must be a VI thing. lol

Ya happy now Finga?

r.
    Last edited by roz; 27-02-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: additional comment
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

yep.....

I'm a real male (according to the cook) and I was sorry to be a member of the male gender by the sexist remark by old matey.
    Respect for all goes a long way in my books.

Besides that if I said that to the cook I wouldn't have eaten tea tonight...or maybe I would have got a knuckle sandwich to chew on for a while .....
    These french are a toey lot.

"To dob someone in for personal gain is un-Australian, to dob in a criminal is Australian"

Finga, are you saying that if a child was kidnapped and you witnessed it you would not help if the police offered a reward.......

maybe you would donate the lot ??, am sure any other option would be for personal gain

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanII View Post

Finga, are you saying that if a child was kidnapped and you witnessed it you would not help if the police offered a reward.......

maybe you would donate the lot ??, am sure any other option would be for personal gain
    I wouldn't expect or look for a reward. I would help as much as possible just to try and help someone in need.
    Who in their right might would be thinking about a reward or personal gain when a child has been kidnapped??
    I think the quote refers to dobbing inyour neighbour for something minor such as having an unregistered dog just to get even for him poisoning your boganvillia bush that scratches him every time he mows the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_hokes View Post
    Can someone tell me how people dole bludging afford boats to catch enough fish to sell? Is there any fact in this or just a shot at those less fortunate, I hope not. I dont own a boat but my mates boat costs us 120 dollars a trip just in petrol and its a small boat, you would have to catch a lot of fish to break even?
    $120 fuel per trip - small boat? I wish I was lucky enough to own such a small boat My 4.9m with the 6hp I use in the river costs me about $5 in fuel a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    Finga,

It's so hard to respond to an idiotic statement like the one above.

Well maybe P-ROCK it offends REAL males, but I can only guess.

In P-Rock's case maybe his small brain isn't located between his ears...

Must be a VI thing. lol

Ya happy now Finga?

r.
    Roz, it is "the Code" where real men still hang out. (IE those that know the only good thing to do with a SNAG is throw it on the Barbie! - no matter how much it squeals!)

You dont dob in mates - it is a male thing. Be it right or wrong, it doesn't matter.

But generally it is accepted that you can dob in the scum bags you dont know, the code only applies to scumbags you do know!

Feral,

Ever heard of 6 degress of seperation ?

Hope that's no too cryptic !!

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Feral,

Ever heard of 6 degress of seperation ?

Hope that's no too cryptic !!

Phill
    Eeeeeeeee by gum! it's a small world, innit?

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Mr finga. Here,s the funny thing. All this talk about the moral and ethics of law. Thats rich coming for a nation started by convicts.hehehehe

Isnt it the code that, you can do it, but dont get caught. eg. There,s a fine line between doing the right thing and just minding your business. The choice is up to the individual.

signed tunaman
    Last edited by tunaman; 28-02-2007 at 02:56 PM.

so a bloke selling drugs to kids is OK as long as he/she isn't caught??
    But this is all getting off track of the thread.

Do I think amatures selling fish is wrong??? YEP is the answer.
    Do I think getting a few bucks off the neighbour for fish is wrong?? Yep, why not invite them for a feed of fish instead. Do the neighbourly thing.
    If you (as an amature) have to sell fish to be able to afford fishing I'd be looking for a cheaper version of fishing. The 'extra' income cannot always be depended upon to try and pay for the trip. And then what'll happen.
    Do I think that someone catching buckets loads of fish and then look for people to either sell them to or give them away to is wrong?? Yep. If you have to look for people to give fish to you should have left them in the water....catch and release sounds like a good idea.
    Do I think giving a few (not 30kg's in total) fresh fish to your friends and rello's for a feed is wrong?? Nope. But generally they come to our place where the cook does her magic to the fish, we have a few beers, wines and green gingers and the jobs done. Enjoyed by all
    Last edited by finga; 28-02-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Roz, it is "the Code" where real men still hang out. (IE those that know the only good thing to do with a SNAG is throw it on the Barbie! - no matter how much it squeals!)

You dont dob in mates - it is a male thing. Be it right or wrong, it doesn't matter.

But generally it is accepted that you can dob in the scum bags you dont know, the code only applies to scumbags you do know!
    Ferel, I didn't come down in the last shower, and I can also read between the lines.

The point I am making is P-rocks version of what constitutes a "real man" is subjective, maybe in p-rock's world and yours for all I know.

Since when can he speak on behalf of the entire 51% of the "real male" population? He's gotta be flattering himself lol.

What ever spin you want to put on it, selling fish you are NOT entitled to sell IS stealing, if you need to ease your conscience....that's entirely up to you.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

This post seems to be straying away from its original discussion.
    I personally hate the fact that many unlicenced people exploit our fisheries and deliberately break the laws and sell fish and crabs for personal gain.
    For me to be able to sell fish legally (to a licenced buyer), i had to log up 2 years of sea time on a commercial vessel and complete the course for a masters licence.
    Then to maintain that licence i pay yearly fee's.
    That gives me the right to sell fish, but on top of that i need another licence to "catch" fish, in my case a line licence. But even that restricts you, a typical line licence or "L1" allows the capture of most estuary species (except barra) and some offshore ones. It does not however allow the sale of any coral reef fin fish or spanish mackerel.
    To catch these species you need more symbol's on that licence "RQ" for coral reef fin fish and "SM" for spanish mackerel. Then on top of that you also need quota which is either purchased or leased.
    You then carry log books on board your boat and using a phone reporting system the total catch, species,location and estimated wieghts must be phoned in and the log books filled out prior to landing.
    Now all these licences and quota have yearly fees as well.
    To give a very rough idea a typical line licence might reads like this L1 RQ (3000kg quota) SM (500kg quota). Now to purchase this licence might cost $80 000 and yearly fee's around $1000 add to that the training, boats and gear etc and its not a cheap exercise.
    Then of course you get these shamatures that say stuff that and sell fish on the black, sure they take a risk, but hey they dont pay tax, theres no licences or log books to buy or fill out, and how many get caught? ...foxy
    Last edited by dfox; 28-02-2007 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
    Mr finga. Here,s the funny thing. All this talk about the moral and ethics of law. Thats rich coming for a nation started by convicts.hehehehe

Isnt it the code that, you can do it, but dont get caught. eg. There,s a fine line between doing the right thing and just minding your business. The choice is up to the individual.

signed tunaman
    Now here is another good example of someone, in this case tunaman, (in his own words or perhaps that of a translator) assuming the right to speak on behalf of a large percentage of Australians, and getting it wrong.........again. No point in insulting one person at a time, ya might as well get a whole stack in one go!!!

There is also no fine line.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!