Thread: (SYD) Long Reef

(SYD) Long Reef

Hey guys,
    I went fishing for the first time at Long Reef yesterday night. The first bite was pretty big dragging me slowly towards the water. After a few minutes the line(approx. 50lb) gave way and lost it. Caught a grey nurse later but it gave a totally different fight. What has anyone caught out there? And also is there any squids there?
    Cheers

Re: (SYD) Long Reef

what is this b/s? You did not catch a grey nurse shark. Do you even know what a grey nurse shark looks like? It was probably a little whaler.

Claims that fishers catch grey nurse sharks are highly damaging to rec fishing in general as they provide ammo for the green lobby groups. Any claims that someone did catch a grey nurse shark should be regarded as highly suspicious unless there is photographic proof. They are a completely protected species.

This post is most likely planted by someone in the ultra green hippy lobby to give them more ammo to shut down all out best fishing spots offshore.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Interesting comment, Jeremy, I believe the Long Reef rock platforms are a designated Marine Reserve, and have been since the early 80's.
    Cheers.

get off your high horse jeremy,who do you think you are /, ok the guy maybe made a mistake ,but that doesnt give you the right go straight for the juggler like that,whether he be right or wrong. its not for pompus people like yourself to deal with.just because your paranoid. bob h