Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weaves and wraps

Re: weaves and wraps

Here is a cross wrap using Dave's viswrap program, it was hard for me because it's the first time I've done a wrap with an 8 axis pattern.

It will look a lot better once the extra epoxy goes on, and that won't be until after the butt section is built (rod building weekend), the pattern is called 'scales' I got the idea from Jan, but scale patterns have been around for years.

Olly & dogsbody, I would have to say a fish pattern is a lot easier to achieve although the binding is a little more complicated.

On the other hand, the scale pattern takes a lot more time and VERY careful binding although the actual pattern in quite simple.. I would recommend you start out on a fish pattern imo.

r.
    Last edited by roz; 28-04-2007 at 03:34 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hi Roz,
    the wrap looks great, you did a good job. more like this and they become easier as they take less time to do. I reckon the fish patterns are harder but thats just me. At least the scale pattern and such dont take much extra work because you start from one end and work up the rod and then back again easy,lol. Anyway, good job again.
    Cheers, Jan.

Thanks Jan,

Your version of the scale pattern gave me the inspiration, however it has shown me that I need to expand my colour range, I only had two shades of blue in that wrap & I think a darker blue instead of black would have been better, although I am delighted at the outcome.

I am always eternally gratefull to my mentor Volvo, who passed on his knowlege to me. I wouldn't be able to turn out these wraps if it wasn't for people on the site like him.

Having said that Olly & dogsbody, if I can do it, there's no reason at all why you two couldn't!!!

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Thanks roz i like the look of the scales. I'll have to do something after i move house shortly.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!