Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mulloway (my next target)

Re: Mulloway (my next target)

Quote Originally Posted by robyoung2 View Post
    ausiefool, I know those rocks well. My dad started me on tailor about 1977 on that beach, at Maggie's hole as we used to know it. Neat set of rocks there hey.
    What kind of lure you use for the jew? It's a great thing to see a row of blokes hitting them into the night air in the surfy rocks. Kinda advenutre hero stuff. It's a wonder it never features on movies.

cheers
    rob
    The only lure that I use there is Halco/rmg scoripain that dive to 3.5mt .....just have to stay close to the bommies but not to close or the trip will cost you heaps.

as for "adventure hero stuff"... not me sunshine,as soon as the waves start to bounce I'm outa there,..... No fish is worth risking your life over. Anyway at Hastings I have found that the calmer it is the better the fishing is.

There are some greta looking rocks all around the NSW Nth Coast, i will be concentrating most of my efforts around them.

Aussie have you tried Cabba rocks, its looks like a tricky spot to get down too?

_Dan_ , no mate to much trouble to climb down to, my fishing buddy gets puffed just sitting in the car. Even though I drive past Cabba, I find that Hastingd is easier to get to and your not fishing that high out of the water. The spot I fish is only about 15' above the water line

Dan, When the seas drop off a bit and your, keen to try down this way give me a yell if you want and I'll show you the better parts of Hastings.....

I like to only fish early mornings though, 4 to7 am (NSW)

To easy Aussie, Thats the time everyone fishes isnt it?? haha

Will do for sure.

Cheers

hey Aussie,

what else is consistently caught from hastings?

i wouldnt mind driving down for a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter View Post
    hey Aussie,

what else is consistently caught from hastings?

i wouldnt mind driving down for a fish.
    Mate I only fish for Jew and Tailor, Jew till sun up then Tailor till about 7ish. If your into bait fishing then that opens up to bream aswell..... seen a lot of bream taken there, all depends on what the sea is doing
    Last edited by aussiefool; 16-02-2007 at 04:39 AM.

Some Luderick in the creek I think.

rob

Another bait that has worked for me that no-one has mentioned is a live bream or a fillet off a good bream,as bream don't seem to eat bream and therefore keeps the pickers away.
    Cheers
    John