Thread: First Ever Murry cod :D

First Ever Murry cod :D

Just thought I would post the highlight of my recent 3 week predominatly mountain biking holiday! On the way home we stopped by a spot around stanthorpe and thought we might try out luck on some cod. Hadn't ever fishing for cod before but, figured they can't be that much different to bass! Attached one jointed jitterbug, fishing at dawn and the results can be seen below! I was stoked!
    Last edited by turley; 07-02-2007 at 09:21 AM.

Re: First Ever Murry cod :D

Good one mate, it has been 15 years since I fished for them as a kid and I intend to go look for some soon.

Nice looking cod, well doen!
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Good stuff !!!
    Looking at the background I'm surprised you havn't got a few more pics.
    wamjam

looksa lot like sundown way or ballendeen

well done, nice looking fish.

turley,

Well done, not only have you hooked your first elusive green Fish, but you have become well and truely hooked yourself.

I have know people who have fished for Cod for years and never caught one, so welcome to the Green Fish Club.

They have given me a lot of pleasure for some 40 odd years and I still get a kick every time I manage to coax one onto my line, then safely release it to hopefuly meet another day.

Howard (Goodoochaser)
    All times wasted thats not spent fishing

hi howard i fished storm king the other day did you get my message, i fished for ahour or so but the easterly just blew really strong so i gave up. ther isnt that much water there. hope to catch up soon . bdowdy ..brett

Gday
    How is your fishing holes going . I am running out of places to go, Copeton is to muddy to get a boat in. The macintyre is way to shallow and weedy to fish. If you need a pic taker let me know!!!.
    wamjam

I've been hooked on bass for a while but I can garentee I will be looking for more cod in the future. I reckon for the size that cod fought harder than any bass I have ever caught! It was only an overnight stopover at sundown NP on the way back home to ipswich so we didn't get a change to try another session though we would have love to keep hiking even further into the park. And incase anyone was wondering the fish was swiftly returned into the water after that picture!

Good on ya turley, for putting him back I hope you go back there in ten years and catch him when he's 15-20 lbs! .He'll probably be a bit more cunning by then, but so will you!.
    wamjam

Top stuff mate!
    Cheers Lachlan (Wyld Fisher)
    ><))))*> ><))))*>

great stuff turley have fished that area myself afew times and let me tell ya theres some monsters roaming those waters. theres nothing better than surface fishing for them.. they make one big explosion. cheers bdowdy