Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Re: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Damo,
    I think Pete has answered your hypothetical question in hours in would to take to travel to 1770 from Brisbane (from the Northside), I know Pete and he's not a real big drinker so he would probably struggle to answer your other hypothetical question on how many stubbies it would require from Brisbane.

I will attemp to answer the other half of your question..............

My place (southside) to Gateway Bridge - 2 stubs
    Gateway Bridge to Bruce Hwy - 2 to 3 stubs (allowing 1 stop)
    Bruce Hwy to Nambour - 2 stubs
    Nambour to Gympie - 2 stubs
    Gympie to Maryborough - 2 stubs (allowing 1 stop)
    Maryborough to Bundaberg - 7 stubs (allowing 1 to 2 stops)

Please note that I leave early to get to this M&G, so by this time it should be around 7am.

The run from Bundy to Agnes is pretty quiet, around 3 to 4 stubs,mind you I cant drink to much on the way up as I know that the first night is usually a big one.

As this question is hypothetical, can I put a hypothetical question to you?

Im assuming that you possibly like a drink....hey,your'e only human!!!

You should get in a drink off with Newby,what you do is get him onto the Jack Daniels...may take a bit of work to get him started but it's worth a try,what you should do is also have a bet with him who can drink the most,mate if your'e a drinker you will whip his a**,saw a bloke take a couple of hundred off him last year.
    Anyway Damo, I have put down the challenge to you and hopefully answered your question.

Get serious and commit to this M&G, you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Paul

The more I hear about this M&G I more I am getting afraid..very afraid.
    Being a rather woeful fisherman, I can see me being humiliated on that front.
    I cannot cook so being in a cook off will also see humiliation.
    I do not drink very much so humiliation again.
    Lucky I am a masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    Damo,
    I think Pete has answered your hypothetical question in hours in would to take to travel to 1770 from Brisbane (from the Northside), I know Pete and he's not a real big drinker so he would probably struggle to answer your other hypothetical question on how many stubbies it would require from Brisbane.

Please note that I leave early to get to this M&G, so by this time it should be around 7am.

The run from Bundy to Agnes is pretty quiet, around 3 to 4 stubs,mind you I cant drink to much on the way up as I know that the first night is usually a big one.

You should get in a drink off with Newby,what you do is get him onto the Jack Daniels...may take a bit of work to get him started but it's worth a try,what you should do is also have a bet with him who can drink the most,mate if your'e a drinker you will whip his a**,saw a bloke take a couple of hundred off him last year.
    Anyway Damo, I have put down the challenge to you and hopefully answered your question.

Cheers

Paul
    serious? with you mob? since when ???????

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    Damo,

Cheers

Paul
    MATE, I know it wouldnt be long before you started some trouble. Firstly, NEWBY has been put to the test over the years. Twice, and nobody at Agnes could possibly be named. (Although Corry can drink, I promise you)
    Secondly, the only $200 I have ever lost on drinking is over the bar. One of my smaller nights unfortunately. Thirdly, and lastly, You now have a new name. to me you are now known as "FOS" Yes "FOS" "
    F=FULL
    O=OF
    S=SH!T
    Therefore, The Deckie ( I always thought that name stood for something fishy but now know its where you normally fall after 3 stubbies) Is now FOS. Love ya like a bro.
    I must also now voice my disgust at you for lying about how many drinks it takes to get to AGNES. Firstly, you cannot drink that much beer and if you were to measure it in stubbies, it would take you a week to get there as you can not hold more than 3 stubbues per day. Secondly, I must insist that you apologise in this forum for lying to a fellow ausfisher. Cant wait for October.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

I am sure you will find your niche' at the M & G Greg.

The good thing is every member has returned to their respective homes with all limbs and digits intact.

And how about those rabbits ( nrl types ? )

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

deckie thats only 4 pitstops for 22 stubs

Ha ha, good one Deckie, That's the info i was after. Thanx also to Searaider for the reply.

Igusto, i too was counting the beers and noticed that there were very few pitstops (pisstops??) budgeted. Now, to my way way of thinking, Deckie, you either have an iron bladder, or you you only stop to empty the 3L juice bottle, ala truckie style.
    Personally, i can count exactly how many sherberts i have consumed by the number of pitstops made, i.e. - 5 beers, break the seal; 3 beers, go again; 2 beers, and again, then 1 for 1 after that. quite accurate actually.

So Newby, don't worry ,your safe mate. I'm a tortoise, not a hare. Well, after i've put 2 laps on the fluffy tailed so 'n so, then i'm a tortoise.

Thinking seriously about doing this,
    Damo
    Last edited by Deiter; 03-04-2007 at 10:05 PM.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

BTW, I don't drink spirits when i am around ppl i have just met. Too many times i have awoken separated from my strides, and this is generally not a good first impression. Generally.
    Last edited by Deiter; 03-04-2007 at 10:23 PM.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    BTW, I don't drink spirits when i am around ppl i have just met. Too many times i have awoken separated from my strides, and this is generally not a good first impression. Generally.
    Thats the reason I DO drink spirits.lol. Love the unknown. C'mon guys, whats is more exciting than waking up with ya strides round ya ankles and not knowing what the hell happened the night before? (Unless you wake up with lube round ya date)
    I think Deiter and I and the yank might have to get a few jacks into us and see what develops eh? He he he.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Thats the reason I DO drink spirits.lol. Love the unknown. C'mon guys, whats is more exciting than waking up with ya strides round ya ankles and not knowing what the hell happened the night before? (Unless you wake up with lube round ya date)
    I think Deiter and I and the yank might have to get a few jacks into us and see what develops eh? He he he.
    TOoooooo much information!!!!!

Begs the question... Is this male bonding out of control???

Just as long as it doesn't happen at 13 Sunlover Avenue, Agnes Water.

r.
    Last edited by roz; 04-04-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    TOoooooo much information!!!!!

Begs the question... Is this male bonding out of control???

Just as long as it doesn't happen at 13 Sunlover Avenue, Agnes Water.

r.
    So that's where its all happening eh? Thanx Roz, See u there!!

Damo

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    MATE, I know it wouldnt be long before you started some trouble. Firstly, NEWBY has been put to the test over the years. Twice, and nobody at Agnes could possibly be named. (Although Corry can drink, I promise you)
    Secondly, the only $200 I have ever lost on drinking is over the bar. One of my smaller nights unfortunately. Thirdly, and lastly, You now have a new name. to me you are now known as "FOS" Yes "FOS" "
    F=FULL
    O=OF
    S=SH!T
    Therefore, The Deckie ( I always thought that name stood for something fishy but now know its where you normally fall after 3 stubbies) Is now FOS. Love ya like a bro.
    I must also now voice my disgust at you for lying about how many drinks it takes to get to AGNES. Firstly, you cannot drink that much beer and if you were to measure it in stubbies, it would take you a week to get there as you can not hold more than 3 stubbues per day. Secondly, I must insist that you apologise in this forum for lying to a fellow ausfisher. Cant wait for October.
    Good on ya Newbs, you blew me gee up to Damo!!!

This thread was getting a bit stale so thought I would freshen it up (and it has worked),its probably not best to write posts after too much red.

Thats another thing I will be packing this year is a bit of red to bring along,been getting into that a bit lately and starting to like the taste.

Newbs ya forget to mention that it would be three stubs of light beer.

Damo,it is actually only about 20 stubs....sorry mate I do apologise, not 22.

Yes,bring on October,can't get here quick enough!!!!!!

Cheers

FOS
    Last edited by thedeckie; 04-04-2007 at 02:45 PM.

I met Damien the other night Paul, young lad like yerself and the fella likes an ale !

I can see some damage happening come October.

Roz, you'll have to have some leftover Sticky Toffee Pudding in the fridge as Paul gets the Midnight Munchie thing happening ( sans last year ). It tasted great sober, but he went nuts over it while overwhelmed by XXXX and other stuff from a bottle !!! Mind you, themooks made short work of it as well.

Don't forget the ice Newbs.... or is that my department ????

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I'm out..cancelling the accomodation tomorrow.

Good point Phill, I will make sure I talk to the Sticky Toffee Pudding queen so that it gets on the menu.

Im glad you clarified who was eating that at midnight,I was not the only culprit,mooks made short work of a couple of bowls,although to look at him you wouldn't think he was a big sweets eater....sorry Mark!!

Sorry Greg, you are at the point of no return you must complete your mission!

cheers

FOS