Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Re: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

That's more like a Newby reply!!!!!

I was asking around about where you were and was told that you were working hard at the moment!!

Good to see you are back on the bite,looking forward to that chat!!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    That's more like a Newby reply!!!!!

I was asking around about where you were and was told that you were working hard at the moment!!

Good to see you are back on the bite,looking forward to that chat!!

Cheers

Paul
    Here we go here we go here we go...

Newby...poor, poor Newby!!

Calm down pet!!! It's going to be OK.

We all know you have two chances at winning the cook off, & you know what they are..

BTW No one can remember what it was you cooked last year???? Could you just remind us again

Just a little bit of friendly advice here Newbs, be very carefull with all those tanties you are having ........ you may miss out on having my Seafarer VC as part of your BIG BOATS CLUB.

xxxxxxxx

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

the weigh in rules should be per angler on board to way there own fish not divided ,it will have to incorporate the honor system
    as we team kitty cat will be showing how its done again,
    the trophy will be pba , i think newby and crew are just all talk more about cooking than fishing( just shit stirring )
    now that ian has purchesed his new kitty cat will try very hard to sign him under pba flag

You ferets are gettin serious about the rules for the weigh in !!!

There is only one rule to remember.

1. The Judges decision is final and I am de.. Judge

Maybe we can make a place in the rules for dividing the weight of the fish by the cost of the boat, amount of bait and XXXX's consumed, then add your age, divide by ya IQ and multi that equation by the last three digits of the GPS mark where you caught ya live bait !!!

Or we could get really complicated.......

Newbs...... I am going to join you one night ( one night only will be enough ) on the single barrel.

Paul, I can't believe you cleaned ya teeth with the cats toothbrush

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

PBA have a pretty good weigh in points system. I just can't remember what it is because it is so long since I weighed a fish with them. It is something like 2 points per fish plus 3 points per KG with a max of 10 fish. So 10 fish of totalling 20Kg would give you 80 points.

The reason I have not weighed in lately is our wonderful "wildcard" every two weeks system. I prefer to fish out of Mooloolaba and that is only possible every two weeks. If the weather is bad on one wildcard weekend - I get only one trip while the Manly/Scarborough guys get three. Hard to compete.

Looks like I will be up there again this year. I am currently sitting in Michigan waiting for a plane home. I have convinced one of my American friends to join me at 1770 this year. Should be a blast - he has never been to Oz.

I hope it won't be too much for him John !!!

Phill

While I've been a member for some short time now, I still haven't been able to de-syfer (is that how you spell it) the short hand some of you lot insist on using.
    I thought that kids SMSing each other where the only ones that used that type of spelling abreviation.

Anyway.

What or who is PBA?

Point System

Ever thought of length instead of weight, works well for catch and release as you only need a brag mat, not an expensive and identical to everyone (only fare that way) set of scales.
    5 points per legal fish caught/released, and 4points per 10cm over minimum legal length (0.4pts/1cm)
    Just a thought and my two bob's worth.
    Rob
    Last edited by rob tranter; 27-03-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    While I've been a member for some short time now, I still haven't been able to de-syfer (is that how you spell it) the short hand some of you lot insist on using.
    I thought that kids SMSing each other where the only ones that used that type of spelling abreviation.

Anyway.

What or who is PBA?

Point System

Ever thought of length instead of weight, works well for catch and release as you only need a brag mat, not an expensive and identical to everyone (only fare that way) set of scales.
    5 points per legal fish caught/released, and 4points per 10cm over minimum legal length (0.4pts/1cm)
    Just a thought and my two bob's worth.
    Rob
    Rob,

PBA = Power Boat Anglers

Just a bunch of blokes who think they can catch fish.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by John_R View Post
    PBA have a pretty good weigh in points system. I just can't remember what it is because it is so long since I weighed a fish with them. It is something like 2 points per fish plus 3 points per KG with a max of 10 fish. So 10 fish of totalling 20Kg would give you 80 points.

The reason I have not weighed in lately is our wonderful "wildcard" every two weeks system. I prefer to fish out of Mooloolaba and that is only possible every two weeks. If the weather is bad on one wildcard weekend - I get only one trip while the Manly/Scarborough guys get three. Hard to compete.

Looks like I will be up there again this year. I am currently sitting in Michigan waiting for a plane home. I have convinced one of my American friends to join me at 1770 this year. Should be a blast - he has never been to Oz.
    This could be good....Never seen a Yank that can drink yet.
    Newby the destroyer is going to hit his straps this year. (If the bloody anchor stays attached to the boat )

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    Newby...poor, poor Newby!!

Calm down pet!!! It's going to be OK.

We all know you have two chances at winning the cook off, & you know what they are..

BTW No one can remember what it was you cooked last year???? Could you just remind us again

Just a little bit of friendly advice here Newbs, be very carefull with all those tanties you are having ........ you may miss out on having my Seafarer VC as part of your BIG BOATS CLUB.

xxxxxxxx

Roz Roz Roz Roz Roz!!!!!! The 2 chances you are talking about are ALL and EVERYTHING because of 2 things. Firstly you are competing against the superior gender IE MALE and secondly a mere human such as yourself could not possibly hold out any hope of beating a DEMI-GOD such as "Newby The Great" To think such things would be pure insanity on your part. Now I understand that you need to vent on me and try to belittle me by saying that I have tantrums etc, but you are blowing wind up your own short legs here babe because you know I am in TOTAL control of everything I do.
    Now as for the Seafarer VC, well, errr how do I put this? ummmm, well. enough said I think.

Now, can I get back to the REAL reason we are here? FISHING AND DRINKING. (Not forgetting kicking PBA's ar$e this year either)
    Roz, behave yourself now.
    Looks like this year is going to be the biggy Phil. Having said that, every year sees a new batch of excuses come up at the last minute why people cant make it.
    I hope this year is different.

Paul, I cant believe you brushed your teeth with the kitty litter tray brush. Mate, you have truly hit rock bottom. Mate, drink Jacks, it doesnt make you do silly sh!t like that. Your missus must wonder what the hell you get up to at these M&G's to go home with cat sh!t breath.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Now, can I get back to the REAL reason we are here? FISHING AND DRINKING. (Not forgetting kicking PBA's ar$e this year either)
    Roz, behave yourself now.
    Looks like this year is going to be the biggy Phil. Having said that, every year sees a new batch of excuses come up at the last minute why people cant make it.
    I hope this year is different.

Paul, I cant believe you brushed your teeth with the kitty litter tray brush. Mate, you have truly hit rock bottom. Mate, drink Jacks, it doesnt make you do silly sh!t like that. Your missus must wonder what the hell you get up to at these M&G's to go home with cat sh!t breath.

Mate,it wasn't the cat sh!t breath I had to explain last year it was the anchovie breath!!!!

Will definately have to indulge in a jack or two this year,maybe on the back of the Berty as the sun goes down with a little bit of your tranquil music playing in the back ground!

Cheers

Rob,

PBA are a Brisbane based club ( Power Boat Anglers ) that have been around for many years. They all have boats on the bigger side of average, ( most boats are 6mtrs plus ), hence they travel offshore to areas where the Red fish are. Most of their trips are out of Moreton Bay, but they do regular trips to Agnes / 1770, and do quite well. I suppose they have to considering the amount of moolah they spend of fuel, bait and beer.

Paul,

you only seem to get that Anchovy breath after a visit to the Tavern or The Tree ?? Wot's doin ?

Everyone:-

I had a system in place last year for the 'Fish-Off ", but it went by the way side due to a lack of communication. It DID involve ' length' as the main criteria for a point system. I still have the calculations handy and will more than likely use that, in conjunction with a ' weigh-in ".

Newby:-

You sound a little fired up already, hope the 'Cook-Off ' banter hasn't affected your judgement. I agree with Paul, weather permitting, a Single Barrel while watching the sunset over water from the deck of the Big Girl down in the estuary that runs through" Paradise ", is on the cards. Maybe we can set a toll gate across the estuary and charge the PBA boys a fee to let them past on their return trips from the islands.

I am having nightmares......... A Yank, Newby and Alcohol.

Phill

I think I might just stay out of the way when up there...sounding way too serious.