Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Re: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

I am starting to think that having a house to myself isn't so stupid after all..after some of the posts on here..not sure what sort of people will be attending.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    Only riff raff at the Team Sunlover house hey !!!!

I will speak to you later about that comment

Im sure I showered a couple of times last time I was there,I know I brushed my teeth once and used your VB mouth wash,actually I think it was your toothbrush I used Roz!

Cheers

Paul
    You're right Paul it was my toothbrush, but it's the one I use to scrub out the corners of the cats tray.

If you forget to bring your's again, it's still there if you need it.

cheers roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

From the wife/deckie/cook/missus

We being Owen and myself (Sandra) are in for this years m&g at 1770/Agnes in October.

So just wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a house or already has accommodation they want to share? I was also told that I must disclose my tendency to snore, (think he exaggerates, just like his fishing tales).

Also can someone give me a run down on what takes place, (besides the drinking, more drinking and even more drinking). I see something mentioned about a cook off, weighting in ect ect.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sandra
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Hi Sandra,

The drinking thing is mainly bravado, although some of the fellas have been known to consume more bottles personality than is wise, but it's all good.

As for the M&G itself, the ideal situation would be 5-10kts for the duration of the M&G.

We got that the year before last.

What usually happens on the first evening of the M&G, is...... everyone turns up at a house for introductions and a few drinks, and that is generally my place.

Over the last few M&Gs certain 'challenges' have been extended, so it's becoming a tradition of have a 'cook off' on the first night.

That all started when Newby decided what he called "food", was better than my 'highly regarded' Chilli Mudcrab, so thats how it began.

Everyone on the night has a taste of each offering, and the votes are counted and the trophy is awarded.

Unfortunately last year, a lot of people went home early because of the weather, and the 'cook off' didn't get decided. The system will change for this years bun fight so it will be decided on the first night.

If Newby's bullying and stand over tactics are kept to a minimum I am confident I will win!!! Anyone is quite welcome to enter.

After the first night, it's fairly casual and visits to other ausfisho's houses gets sorted out as the week progresses, as fishing is the number one priority.

The last night of the M&G is a type of presentation night now, modest trophys are handed out for best of species etc etc.

As from last year, we are now combining our M&G with the PBA fishos M&G, so a perpetual trophy is up for grabs.

Last year we had the first and last nights of the M&G at my place, the house has a very large deck area with a BBQ, so 20+ people is definately not a problem.

There is no set itinerary except for the first and last nights of the M&G, after all, if the weather is good we are fishing from very early till late if possible.

It's all on a 'do your own thing' basis.

It's not strictly bluewater fishing either, lake Awoonga is not far away, and there are plenty of estuary systems in the area for those people not in a position to fish out side.

The Agnes/1770 area is very safe for kids, not far enough north for crocs & the beaches are great for swimming, as is the inlet.

Also plenty of 4WD options.

Hope that helps Sandra.

Looking forward to meeting you guys

cheers roz.
    Last edited by roz; 17-03-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hi Roz

appreciate the information and look forward to a great week of fishing.

Sandra
    Last edited by Owen; 18-03-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

THIS IS SCARY

THE NEWB'S IS VERY QUIET THUS FAR!!!
    Roz,I think you may have him running scared with the cook off!!

And no mention of vessell securing devices to date!

Yep Paul,

Me thinks a little SMS is in order......
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    You Know, You Just Know That The Sh!t Is Gonna Fly Hard And Fast Over Your Smart Comments On Anchors Dont You???????
    Newby

If you haul my dive gear to the spot i'll get your anchor and chain back for you. No prob's at all

Ian

Will be heading up again this year.

Having learnt a bit about the place last year, am looking to load up the boat and spend a couple nights out on the reefs this time (weather permitting).

Are others looking to overnight out on the reefs?

- Darren

this year a few catorgories need to be tuned and dealt with.

details need to be........

what points are given for which kind of fish......... if thats the order ???
    should there be a line drawn to say that fish caught inside the reef be
    double points ?? v one that is caught the other side of musgrave ???

what are the way in rules and what fish be targeted ??

not sure if i am making sense but the ball needs to start rolling in sorting
    out a few details...................... that way we can really give the pba boys
    a solid flogging.....hahahah

cheers dale.

all these topics are just things i have thought about and are not rules,
    feel free to comment and lets make this a goa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    still a lot i havent thought about.
    Last edited by DALEPRICE; 25-03-2007 at 07:27 PM.

WELL WELL WELL, (3 holes in the ground)
    Seems that since I have been so busy WORKING , that a few people have been having a fair old stab at the NEWBS eh? Well, I have decided to wait patiently and deliver my cutting reply's IN PERSON this year. BUT having said that, ROZ, even though the anchor remarks are funny, MY boat kept going unlike your thing , DNO, have you ever even been to an Agnes M&G? Mate I would (shut the F*%K up if I were you) after your little spew on the Nellie K. DNO your not in the Agnes M&G class when it comes to having a few quieties. I will post the pics later of your efforts at the Gladstone M&G. PHIL, no comments from you mate or "Carnelpya" will never see your fat ar$e carcas in it again. Paul, Paul Paul the deckie. Mate, you and I will talk in person in a few months. And lastly, ROZ, you get a second mention. Not ONLY did I kick your ar$e in the cookoff, you even cheated. YES cheated by filling every poor bugger up before I could get my dish out to them. BUT even after that, they all had a taste and then like a pack of starving street dwellers, polished off every ounce of my tucker. Cheaing will never overcome my superior cooking skills Roz. Just live with it as I have had to live with losing my anchor and a $1500 bill to replace the damn thing.
    I will be watching this post now and the retaliation will be hard and fast and cutting. BE WARNED ya pack of ba$tard$. Newbs is watching.

LOVE NEWBY XXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Newby

If you haul my dive gear to the spot i'll get your anchor and chain back for you. No prob's at all

Ian
    Thanks Ian, not sure if its worth looking for it after a whole year at the bottom of the ocean. Bought a new one anyway and have a backup on board now as well. Talk about it when I get there if ya like. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    You're right Paul it was my toothbrush, but it's the one I use to scrub out the corners of the cats tray.

If you forget to bring your's again, it's still there if you need it.

cheers roz
    I thought I could smell something Paul. I thought it was Roz's Chilli Crab

Quote Originally Posted by DALEPRICE View Post
    this year a few catorgories need to be tuned and dealt with.

details need to be........

what points are given for which kind of fish......... if thats the order ???
    should there be a line drawn to say that fish caught inside the reef be
    double points ?? v one that is caught the other side of musgrave ???

what are the way in rules and what fish be targeted ??

not sure if i am making sense but the ball needs to start rolling in sorting
    out a few details...................... that way we can really give the pba boys
    a solid flogging.....hahahah

cheers dale.

all these topics are just things i have thought about and are not rules,
    feel free to comment and lets make this a goa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    still a lot i havent thought about.
    Suggested rules and points scoring.

Number of fish and total weight divided by number of anglers or boats.
    No $hit fish, just keepers. Honesty system for released fish. Undersized fish don’t count.
    Trout, Hussar, Reds, Mackerel, Tuna, parrot, etc. No toad fish, bat fish, mowongs etc. just quality fish eh?
    No points just a total. IE 5 fish per fisherman @ 2kg avge per fisherman. If it’s a tie, total weight wins or total numbers win. To be decided. Just one way of doing it. Always open to suggestions.

Now leave me alone. I got work to do.