Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Re: Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G

Wow, last time I read about the next meet and greet at Agnes I ended up living there, or here as the case may be.

Teri and I should still be here but don't know if we'll still be in the same house. If we are we'll have 3 spare rooms again and are most willing to help in anyway we can. Picking up keys from real estates if you have booked a house and are arriving in town late or picking up dodgy parcels full of strange substances from the post office that you have mailed up to yourself so the cops don't find it in your boot if they pull you over on the way up. You know, normal stuff.....

Gissa PM if you have any questions we can help with.

Henno

I have a guru brewer helping me stock up for the M&G. Ok, you may ask, everybody thinks he is a guru with home brew so what makes this guy special.

Upon installing his internet he offered me the best glass of beer I have ever drunk. "Wow" I said "you make good beer" I said. "What's your secret?" I asked.

"15 years as a chemist for a brewery in England" came his reply.

"oh" I said.

So the stockpiling has commenced. Lagers, Ales, Pilseners. Don't ask me to make a stout or anything dark coz I don't like it.

I figure if I have enough beer to get everybody too hungover to fish the next day maybe the weather will be better this year.

Is the beer cheap?
    Dark is better but if the price is right then somes better than others just no bad ones.
    I hope to get up for my first Agnes, but the cooks proving a we bit stubborn.
    I'll keep nagging and see what happens
    Rob

Rob, tell her that if I can do the trip from tassie, its only a short skip and jump for you guys. Well worth the effort.
    cheers
    blaze

I am going to stop at Agnes on my way back from Yeppoon on Friday...try and organise some accomodation.

Rob,

It's not my intention to sell the beer. It will be a very complicated system. You come over to my house after fishing and I say "hey rob, would ya like a beer"

Just be quick coz I reckon 80 or so bottles will be consumed in the first coupla days. If of course they're not bloody horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by themooks View Post
    Rob,

It's not my intention to sell the beer. It will be a very complicated system. You come over to my house after fishing and I say "hey rob, would ya like a beer"

Just be quick coz I reckon 80 or so bottles will be consumed in the first coupla days. If of course they're not bloody horrible.
    MMMMMM free beer as well, even if it is home brew thats allmost tooo tempting.
    Hi Blaze, yeh I'm working on her (not like that). She keeps repeating things like we have to pay our Tassie trip off, and I'm off for ten days in June with my brothers for a Simpson Desert/Birdsville trip, and all the rest.
    But I'm a tryer so I'll nag on.
    Rob

Team kitty-cat is in booked same house as last year same team same boat

bring on the reds

bring on the reds

I stopped in there today and had a look around...will try and book accomodation tomorrow.

Still working on the purse strings.
    Can anyone tell me if it's ok to turn up at the last minute, as thats probably when I'll get permission off her indoors.
    Will the camping ground/cara park still have vacancy?
    Thanks
    Rob

House is now booked so it looks like I am a definite.

Where are you staying Greg???

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

They have rented me a house called MacKenzies...they said the owner usually is there in the latter part of the year but they have not been notified so it was open to rent.

That'll be interesting !!!!!!
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here