Thread: Double Island Camping

Double Island Camping

Going to Doub. Is Point camping for a couple of weeks next weekend.
    I know that I can get the camping permit online or at the DPI just before the barge.
    I have beeen up ther many times and usally camp approx 32 km up the beach.
    I have heard all sorts of rumours that you can no longer dig a hole for the sh##ter (chemical only) and cannot use a spear to get water for general use.
    Havent been up there for a year or more so can any one let me know what's the go and if these rumours I hear are correct.
    I hope there is no weed!!!! but doesnt really matter I'll just have to find something else to do to pass the time of day if there is.
    Thanks
    Pete
    Last edited by Raesen; 05-02-2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: add name

Re: Double Island Camping

Don't believe that any legislation has been brought in as yet regarding the crapper Pete, but it will at some stage. Pretty sure the sand speare has been outlawed though.
    The water is free of weed and looking pretty good. Spun up a fair few tailor this afternoon south of Teewah and there should be dart, whiting, tarwhine, tailor and flathead available along most of the beach. Just remember that the beach north of Freshwater is now closed while they remove the Cherry Venture. Some very unimpressed wormers on the beach today as they always work in that area.

Lindsay

Lindsay
    Thanks for the heads up mate. I have a block of ground at Blackbutt and the spear doesnt go too well up there so there may be one going cheap.
    See ya

Pete
    We were up double island last week for a few days. We stayed at the wilderness camp ground ewhere you can have a hot shower and go to a decent loo. Freshwater available. Camp sites 19b, right on the beach with some shade and 31a, ocean views, shade and quiet are great.

Problem with camping up the beach so we were told is that every man and his dog has gone to the loo up there and there ain't too many places to go that you don't find someone has been before. People camped next to us said they don't camp up the beach any longer unless they take a porta potti.

Any way hope your trip is a good one whatever you decide but we have stayed at the wilderness camp a few times now and find it ok.

Ronnie

Thanks for the info Ronnie

Yep more landmines up there than Iraq!!!!

Nice spot, just a little abused on some areas.