Thread: Fly fishing at Baroon pocket

Fly fishing at Baroon pocket

Hi there I'm new to the fly fishing world and am about 2 weeks away from getting a set up from Tie and Fly at Kawana cant wait . Just thought i would ask, as i am a resident of Maleny has anyone done any fly-fishing at Baroon pocket dam for bass, im excited to give it a go.

Regards Luke

Re: Fly fishing at Baroon pocket

Hi luke ,
    I cant see why it would be any different to any other Bass impoundment , I havn't flyfished that lake however I have fished it with conventional gear many years ago. from what I have seen from recent reports Baroon has been fishing well from the edges ,and if you have a sounder you should be able to find them schooling in the lower end of the dam . If you tell Gavin that you will be fishing from the bank or from a boat he will be able to set you up well . In my opinion a fast sink line will suit both circumstances , except for early morning and late arvo's when a floater will do the trick.
    Luke our club does regular trips to Bass impoundments with the emphasis on teaching newbies , your welcome to attend a meeting or two and see when the next trip is on , just click on the link in my signature , and tell Gav that Chris sent you

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Great thanks very much your a great help as is Gavin. I went in and saw him a week ago he sure does know his stuff, cant wait to get into the fly fishing scene it looks like even more fun that regular fishing and i didn't think that was possible . Gavin did tell me to attend one of the fly fishing club meeting at Kawana which i will have to attend in the near future. thank you again

Regards Luke

hey luke my names dylan
    i live in landsborough and have fished baroon pocket plenty of times with my mate will and we always get a good amount of large fish from there. it is a great fishery and i think it would go well with the fly
    Any Days A Good Day For Fishing