Thread: where to get rapala skitterpop

where to get rapala skitterpop

hey guys,

does anyone know where to get the small rapala skitterpop lures and roughly how much they are?

cheers

Mossops Stones Corner have them at about $16 i think

Re: where to get rapala skitterpop

Kay-Mart and most tackle shops have em for round 16-17.

Pete.

do you use them Pete?
    if so how have you found them, I hear they are about the best for the estuary fishing

The rapala skitterpops are an awesome surface lure.....They have caught me bass,saratoga, bream,whiting,trevally,jacks and believe it or not a few flathead in shallow water....they are normally around $16.....Kmart only ever seem to have the same two colours (fire tiger and a brown one).....Nothing wrong with them though I just get sucked in by different colours...... .
    If you do get one however the lime frog colour is great.

your favourite place.....BCF !!

Yo Ben.
    Mate I've used them heaps for bass and a little for trevs. They are great for casting and have a good action but... I would go the River2sea bubble pop. The skitterpop flies tail first and if you hit a rock Etc. it will smash the end, the bubblepop is way more hardy. They are also quite expensive as the bubble pop is less than $10 I think. As for colours I have no idea what works best but I used the brown trout (1 of kaymarts 2 colour range) and have caught loads of bass and eels.

Pete.

i agree on the skitterpop... great lure but not worth the price difference over my preferred surface lure the storm chug bugg....thats the one for me.

Bubble pops are probably the best value for money popper around imo. With a bit of tip action and practice you can get them to walk and do many varied retrieves. I will always have room in my tackle tray for a skitter pop aswell. The green frog can be a killer. They are very common and yes you can buy them from your favourite store. Have used the mid sized chug bugs for tailor and tuna but am yet to get a smaller one for bass.

Just to throw another one into the equation.....The Owner poppers sold at Tackleworld stores are an great popper....They are Japanese made with needle sharp trebles....awesome holographic finishes on some of them.
    They are made by 'Owner' and are called 'GOBO'S.......they are cheaper to at abot $13.