Thread: Where to go?

Where to go?

G'day all, I am thinking about going out and giving the SPs a flick on saturday depending on the weather. The question is where to go? Ill be land base and some where easy for the missus to drop me of. Anything I can eat will be good!

Cheers, Mick.

Re: Where to go?

Your location will be a good starting point mate.
    George

I live in Brisbane George, I dont know if I can only see this but my location is
    under my joining date on the left?

Mick.

84mick, i think he meant narrow it down to what part of brisbane so we might be able to help you

Mike
    Last edited by Marlin_Mike; 14-02-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Oh ok I live in The Gap. The weather isnt looking that well atm so I'll probably give it a miss but thanks for putting in the time to post your replys, thanks guys.

Mick.

That's the great thing about this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there's always someone who will tell you where to go!!!!!!!!!

lol and theres always one!!!!!!

From The Gap, I'd suggest the foreshores upstream of the Houghton Hwy bridge (Redcliffe side).

Depending on the stage of the tide, you should be able to walk the flats casting lures as you go. If the tide is dropping, target any of the channels draining the flats. Flathead will be your most likely capture.

If you use small lures, bream & whiting could also be on the cards.

Luc

PS the same applies for the Brisbane side of the bridge.

Yep targeting flatties was my introduction to placcies, good way to start out i think,as Luc said target the dropoffs on the flats.

Thanks guys. Just finished talking to my brother and we have decided to head up to noosa and have a look around there tomorrow night. I will let you know how we went.

Cheers, Mick.

84 mick water is very dirty up noosa way

Hi Mick,

I'm in the Gap in Brissy too and go to various spot in the river including breakky creek & boggy creek. Also get up to Deep water bend and Dholes rocks. Every now and then I get up the north coast and fish Wurtulla beach, Mooloolaba rock wall & some of the lake systems. All land based. If you want to hook up some time and go fishing send me a pm.

Cheers,

Pete

PM sent peterm.
    Yeah it sure was tunapikus, not a single bite

Cheers, Mick.