Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: best eating fish

Re: best eating fish

Whiting, Flathead and Red Emperor.
    Tangles KFC

coral trout is hard to beat but then again the old grunter (call it trumpy or javellin fish if you wish ) is right up there as well
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

I prefer:

1st --> a chunky fillet of 'wild caught' barra sizzled with care on a wood-fire bbq hot plate (preferaby at Suki Lodge, PNG)

2nd --> a juicy fillet of a medium size flathead - shallow fried

3rd --> a bbq'd fillet from a freshly caught, bled tailor (with the fillet skinned & rolled in seasoned flour and sprinkled with lemon juice while cooking - too much information!
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

I would go the Fingermark followed by fresh Tailor and then Trout

fillet of mullet.........lightly dusted with rice flour and morocan seasoning and pan fried...or BBQ if you so desire

A couple of bug tails with a sweet chilli dipping sauce followed by BBQ'd trout wings & a few ice cold beers of your choice

bug tails are brilliant, I like mine quickly seared on a HOT hotplate, then pour over red wine and put a high dome suacepan lid over em and let em steam in the wine for a minute or two.......squeeze of lemon juice and a twist of sea salt and black pepper on em.....brilliant. Pity the suckers are so bloody expensive..its a once a year treat for me.

Greg

Tried threadfin salmon for the first time the other day.. Fine eating!

Fresh Tailor for me followed by whiting
    Cheers Axl

hi everyone first post but mine would have to be mahi mahi (dolphin fish) and fresh barra.hang on whats the tide might have to go get some

Pearl Pearch, Parrot Fish, Whiting, in fact anything caught that day has always been unreal to eat.

reef - blackspot tuskfish or bluebone by a long shot, coral trout, any of the cods especially barracod.

bay estuary- estuary cod, mangrove jack, snapper, mackeral on the bbq

open water - pearl perch, parrotfish snapper again
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Fresh Teewah tailor for breakfast while camping,Red emp done in the Webber,fresh mullet on BBQ with row and or melt.
    Cheers
    Barry
    Take photos and memories leave only footprints, respect the enviroment when 4 wheel driving , never be too busy to help out someone in need.

I'm not a big fish eater, but I quite like snapper. Finally tried mangrove jack last night, it was bloody nice!

Best eating fish is a Chocolate Fish, very easy to prepare, just open the packet and your done, then all you have to do is bite into it and enjoy the choc coated marshmallow goodness, Also there is no bag limit for these