Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: best eating fish

Red Rock Cod

not too sure there is a real "best eating fish" there is a lot of better ones that only need simple cooking (Whiting, Red Emperor etc) then there are the "lesser' ones that are good for the herbs and spices treatment, then there are some fishcake types, but in general, any quality fish is just as good as someone elses favourite, and a lot of it has to do with how the fish was looked after when it was caught, I can asure you a Snapper left in a hot fishbox all day will not be all that flash on the plate,well that's what I think!

Golden snapper closely followed by blue bone then a barra.....salty of course.

flathead for me

Leatherjacket by a mile

Well there definatly some wierd and wonderful taste buds out there
    for me you can't go past
    1. Coral Trout Grilled
    2. Crumbed Grunter
    3. grilled spanish/ Mackeral spotties/ schoolies /Greys
    4. Battered wrasse/ blue tooth
    mmmmmmmmmmmm
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Mangrove jack in a tie with coral trout. Barramundi doesnt go down to badly either.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

fishers my favorite (in order) is -crimson snapper its the best ever- flatty-nice fresh barra-, and i have my own little twist of adding nice chilli sauce to most of my fish, and it does not drown out the flavor at all!!!!!, has anyone els tried it?

cam
    Last edited by Cammy; 30-01-2007 at 07:15 PM.
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Hard choice, take your pic?

Ha Nic - seems dog d*ck dave been passing off iodine bream as mangrove jacks again, send him off on his merry way to sell a bit more ice to the eskimos

For mine, its got to be gummy shark, followed closed by banjo ray, extra batter

Bonnydoon Carp

I find it hard to believe that some people will eat some of the species listed above over the three pages. Most of it i would release, would not dream of eating them.

Kev, (Kingtin) we will just have to educate you and let you try some real fish mate, we can't have you going through life eating offal from the sea.

A personal choice is very hard as if you eat something all the time you , or at least i do, get sick of it, so here goes my choices.
    Coral Trout, spanish and spotted mackerel, snapper, pearl perch, salt water barra, teraglin, red emperor. Not necessarily in that order.

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan

Tailor fillets just caught on Moreton or Fraser. Fried on the BBQ till they get all those crispy bits on 'em and put on a bit of bread with plenty of salt and lemon

Brad

Boonydoon Carp????????? Aahhhh the serenity........feel the serenity...........and the vibe, it's the vibe mate....

Mike

Love it all - but my favourite is whiting, flathead, then snapper.