Thread: 50 cm at the fork

50 cm at the fork

yes!!!!! she cooked up ok to for an impoundment bass but i still feel bad that she had to die but the jackall hooked a vain and did damage to her gills so their was no point in waisting her

nice fish mate,
    which dam did you get it at and what lure

got him on a tn60 (blue gill colour) but i don't wanna give up my fishen spot so i will just say that it was caught somewhere on the sunny coast ?

What is it with people keeping their fishing location a secret...this can only hurt the location in the long run.

If more people go to an impoundment, then more people may select this location on their SIP and it will receive more funding for restocking.

And do you honestly think that a few more boats every now and again is really going to hurt your chances of catching another fish like that.

The only reason I can think of as to why you would keep the location a secret is because you werent supposed to fish there.

But a fish that size, from an impoundment on the sunshine coast I would say it was Lake MacDonald...an impoundment known for its 50+ fish. I have caught (and released) a 50, 51 and 52 cm Bass there before...and quite a few at 48 and 49cm.

Good on ya nuggstar keep it to yourself,a good fishing spot is like a good wife,you get a bit every now and then but you don't really want to see anyone else there!.
    wamjam

you got it wamjam, don't want any more fishers there than there allready is. i hate fishing weed beds or spots that have just had a caneing by some other fella befor i can get there. but thats fishing

I think the weed beds gave it away Mate good Fish Nuggo
    Last edited by flyfisho; 26-01-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: bad spella

.................................................. .................................................. ........................................
    Last edited by flyfisho; 26-01-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Nice big bass mate....Well done.
    Yeah Macdonald is known for big bass....My biggest at macdonald was 51 to the fork.....I havent heard of any 60cm yet.....

Re: 50 cm at the fork

LOL ,
    On ya Nug!Looks like the Bass bug has well and truely bitten ya.Congrats on ya 50 m8!Top fish.

Just for the record.There's a few impoundments on the Sunny Coast that this fish may well have come from.They all have good weed,And all have fish of this calibre.I've got a sneaking suspicion,I know which one.

Nug.Do yaself a favour,And keep it under ya hat .

Send me ya postal again m8.So I can send ya that pic of ya first.I lost it ya address awhile ago.But I've still got the piccy.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Gday Hardbeight
    Hows that cod going ?
    wamjam

Hi ya Jam,
    Been on a couple of day trips to my local gourge for no result since we last chatted .I'm saving for my wedding ATM so I can't take any real time off for a seroius crack I will persist though.BTW Nice avatar m8.It makes me wanna .LOL
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Mate
    If you get stuck for somewhere for a honeymoon , you should let me know so we can organize 5 star cod accommodation on the river bank!!
    wamjam