View Poll Results: Should motor size be a issue.

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO!!

69 66.99%
  • yes

31 30.10%
  • Don't have a veiw?

3 2.91%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lenthalls... do we have a say at all?

Re: Lenthalls... do we have a say at all?

I can live with the 6hp cap just and only as i own another boat that fits the rules but would rather be fishing from my hornet with the 4 stroke 50hp I can only imagine my rage if i had to purchase an inferior outbourd to fish with on my hornet if it would work at all not to mention bolting and unbolting the 50
    As i have fished there for a few years now what i am realy dissapointed in is the entry and exit times that are being quoted as this is a special dusk and dawn popper lake for my barra and bass surface fix " help i am having some withdrawals now" I think I will get some bolt cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by tim barra master View Post
    " I think I will get some bolt cutters.

That's an absolutely idiotic comment to make.

It's the sort of statement that will get access completely revoked.

Rather than all the winging and bitching, how about some appreciative comments email to the local waterboard.

Has anybody sent an email saying what a great time they had and that they appreciate what the water board has done?

The water board does not have to allow stocking, or provide access, or improve facilities, etc...

If you think that the latest crop of high tech 2 strokes should be allowed as they're no worse than 4 strokes, point this out politely and provide details that are proven.

It may take a while but it will accomplish more than all the constant winging.

"You catch more with honey than vitriol"

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post

That's an absolutely idiotic comment to make.

It's the sort of statement that will get access completely revoked.

Rather than all the winging and bitching, how about some appreciative comments email to the local waterboard.

Has anybody sent an email saying what a great time they had and that they appreciate what the water board has done?

The water board does not have to allow stocking, or provide access, or improve facilities, etc...

If you think that the latest crop of high tech 2 strokes should be allowed as they're no worse than 4 strokes, point this out politely and provide details that are proven.

It may take a while but it will accomplish more than all the constant winging.

"You catch more with honey than vitriol"

Luc

too true

well said Luc

Dan

I wonder what they will do next year when the "ABT"{ with their over 100hp donks}, want to fish the dam. My guess is that they will relax the rules for those guys with film crews. Exposure like that brings lots of tourists into the area. Thats what the councills in the area really want. Our tourist $$$$ are obviously not wanted in the area. So aviod the area all together. Lots of other places to catch fish. Where Fisho's $$$$ are appreciated. If enough fishos do this then it wont be long before the local business in the area suffers. Good move by the councills

Quote Originally Posted by codcatcha View Post
    So aviod the area all together. Lots of other places to catch fish. Where Fisho's $$$$ are appreciated.

Great stuff codcatcha....

KEEP DRIVIN BUDDY

But I bet ya dont!!!

Just because we tick a sips permit doesnt give us a life time right to fish in a dam or lake.

And while I'm on it, When are writers going to start giving due credit to the local stocking groups, and water boards, who stock the fish into the dams in the first place.

What do they think the bloody things fall from the sky.

I wonder how many who have written stories on any of the dams lately have bothered to donate a smalll portion of their writers pay to the local stocking group. After all without them they wouldnt have anything to write about.

Lets try BUGGER ALL!

For the latest Press release form WBW - late last week , check out Paul Dolans site- www. frasercoastsportfishing.com

Pete

I have just returned from a 5 day trip to lenthalls Brisbane fishing online group and and what a great time we all had.
    Please stop ya bitchin and enjoy whats there.
    Who needs daylight and dust to catch barra on surface poppers our group were catching them at midday on poppers ?
    They were attacking lures as soon as they hit the water.
    What a buzz .
    Met Big Dan and what a helpfull guy full of local info and hints.
    Sour notes yes a couple of minor ones.
    It rained every day but we caught fish so who cares if you get wet.
    10 ks of dirt road in bit sloppy and potholes but the council were grading it. Took me about 30 minutes to negioate it but I didnt want to hammer my cat and trailer.
    Stayed at Burrum River Caravan park . Very good park under 20 k away but sandflies a bit savage . Probably from the rain.
    I agree with luc and pete. It is a fantastic fishery and is to be pampered and looked after.
    I will be back again and again.
    Ray

Hi Ray,

Glad you had a good time.

Peolple should spend more time enjoying what there instead of whinging about what could be.

I'm hoping to get up there fairly soon. It's quite a feasable drive from Brisbane for a barra fix.

Taking the outboard (4stroke electric start & trim/tilt) will be a bit of a pain but hey, the alternative is a few more hours driving.

Luc

G'Day Ray, Endorse your words entirely(I think thats how u spell endorse),Have caught all my Barra in the middle of the day, For those that are bleeting about early morning late afternoon fishing get on with it u can catch fish anytime of the day, and enjoy the place and be thankful u can fish there at all, it just takes the click of the fingers to close the place down for water stowage only, U would have something to winge about then, Good Fishing 2 u all Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Hi Ray,

Taking the outboard (4stroke electric start & trim/tilt) will be a bit of a pain but hey, the alternative is a few more hours driving.
    One of the blokes on the trip found that's not such a great idea, when the water started coming in through the holes left from the removal of the big motor!

A Quick shift of all the gear to the front of the boat meant he spent the day nose down with the 4hp thrashing the surface, but at least no water coming in!

Talking Re: Lenthalls... do we have a say at all?

Thanks for the heads up Feral but no probs as I planned to put back the 2 lower set of nuts & bolt using large closed foam washers to seal the holes.

Luc
    Last edited by Luc; 22-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Sound like its all sorted out now anyway, and fellas no one was bleeting or what ever else just pi$%^ that we might loose a fishery as good as lethals.

Just shows though Lenthals is a bloody great spot when your nailing fish through the middle of the day. cheers fellas see you up there.

my time has arrived im off for 1 full week to experience this place in all its glory hopefully i'll have some braging to do when i get back, ive gone and bought a 6 just for the hell of it and un bolted the 30 so im all set bow mount up front and the battery saver behind----leaving tomorrow morning as soon as the gateway snarl subsides a bit woohoo

Have a great time I am certain you will love it.
    Ray

not sure what all the fuss is about. Qld is lucky there are plenty of great alternatives.Lenthalls is one of Qld's smallest dams, and if anything the rules are supposed to be being relaxed, from 6hp to 60hp. I would think that would allow more of us to get out on the water.Emission regulations are coming, look at the States, you can only buy low emission engines. Not here, we are still selling the carburetted 2-strokes that pump out huge emissions. And the problem with these emissions is that some hydrocarbons bioconcentrate in invertebrates and fish. Small dam + fuel pollution = some funky tasting fish.