Thread: Mission Point Camp Area

Mission Point Camp Area

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the mission point camp ground. Planning on heading over there for 3 nights this sunday and I'm about to get my permit on line. I have to choose a camp site when I make my booking. Does anybody know if any of the sites better than others?

Aparently there are 10 sites and No2 is taken. I'm inclined to book a site a bit further away from the other campers(maybe No10?), but ranger reckons best boat access is in sites 1&2. I've only got a 12ft tinnie, whats the boat access like at mission pt?

Any ideas? I've been there before, but I haven't camped or gone aground there for a lot of years so I'm just not that familiar with the camp ground.

OH and if you want to tell me your secret spot X in the area that would be very helpful too!! - or maybe even just an idea or some advice on where to get some yabbies and live bait would suffice.

Thanks guys
    Benno

ok for a start take some mossie spray i was out on the water from there today and sunday and mossies were out until the sun came up not bad but annoying but would be more at mission point the bank directly oppersite mission pt in the middle of the channel up towards the tree on the mainland side of the bank heaps of yabbies there or any of the banks in that area near the first green marker out in the main channel at the mouth of glasshouse creek is good 2 not sure about the campsites i see most people pull there boats up onto the sand along the front
    shane

Don't worry about the mossies its the sand flies that will eat you alive. What ever amount of spray you have will not be enough.
    North end is sand then it goes to rock as you go south. If you dont mind dragging your boat over the flat rock to get to the water at low tide you can camp where ever. I dont know which is the better, the toilets are in the middle.