Thread: Lime Pocket and Gallaghers camping grounds

Talking Lime Pocket and Gallaghers camping grounds

Has anybody out there camped these areas on Bribie Island? They are on the Pumicestone Passage side.

I know Lime Pocket is accessible by boat only and the facilities are non existant but all feedback is most appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

PS I have got my midgie repellant on the ready.

i see signs on the bank at lime pocket saying no camping a few weeks ago but people still go there not sure if you are allowed

shane

mark,,,, both of these areas are accessible via the ranger station at whitepatch,,,, the trip is from memory about 4 k's to gallaghers and 6-7 to poverty creek areas,,

lime pocket is boat access only,,, """"unless your adventerous"""",,, whereupon the tracks lead there but you must be careful,,,

midge repellant is a big YES,,,, and the campsite at gallaghers is good,,, take your own firewood though,,,,,,

cost,,,,,,its gone up again like all good things,, and is just under $105/yr permit and i think 13-15 a weekly permit,,,, again,, you cant afford not to have a permit,,, the local ranger haunts the place,,

permits are avail from the ranger station when manned or more accessible through the caravan park office at bongaree near the jetty on the calm side

went to gallaghers for a look see last week,,, had rods on board but tide was on the out going so didn't bother,,, but theres been a few reports in estuary stating a feed o two coming outta the area,,, the fish have to be somewhere,,, there not in the lower part of the passage,,,,,,,,,,,lol

hope this helps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Cheers for the info guys I will probably head that way when the temperature drops.