Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Near misses in Broadwater - crazy times

where the hell do I find a trophy wife in a sheer bikini...I already have the beer gut.

Dunno, Pin. My mate and I are investigating but without much hope I'm afraid. We reckon we are well qualified too apart from the lack of money.

I left the flannel shirt mob out of it Pin - they're me mates!

I love it...thats just beautiful. I think most of the fluffy white dogs are called toto. I love anchoring up in Tiger Mullett for the night before attacking the tailor at sunrise and I swear I can hear the gentle sound of slik sheets being rustled and the odd fart...oh..sorry the later sound is in my half cab...

I will add that name to my list OZ. That makes four so far - Toto, Popsicle, Fluffy and Tiddles.

One bloke down there has a couple of those sausage dogs and we've named them Snag and Sav. Sometimes we call them Submarine 1 and 2 cos they don't swim real high in the water with those funny little legs.

It's a bit like watching Syncopated Drowning - sorry, Synchronised Swimming.

..they get big medals for saving their owners though..according to the news article about another female walker that was attached...frankly I wouldnt be running for the hills if a suasage dog attacked me (although I might die laughing) but everyone has a different view of what a fierce pooch is!

love these posts with lots of views- some might call it conflict- might learn something

I see 100% the problem with the overloaded boat, be it a gin palace or a tinny.

I see the problem with those who put pots in channels (love the 1.25 litre softy bottle float, minus label), and those who anchor in channels.

But maybe if they are on the edge of channels, or away from the edge of channels, and my wash is a problem, I am responsible for what my wash does? If nothing else, they were there first...... Then again, maybe a 6m boat with plenty of freeboard is the minimum for the broady these days.

All I can say is that there are inconsiderate or incompetents in the little'un's flottilla, and among the gin palace skippers. But perhaps it is more likely that a problem skipper in charge of a large boat is more of a danger to 'innocent' bystanders than those in the 2" freeboard tinny. Of course the 2" freeboard tinny can cause plenty of harm as well.

Be interesting to see if a workable solution comes up I propose that the Gin Palace owners buy out the 2" freeboard tinnies, and provide them with trophy husbands or wives, and a 6 metre boat with self draining deck and huge scuppers. If adopted you'll see me in the garage with the grinder removing freeboard

U Bewdy...out on the gin palace for 3 days down the Pin area..look out everyone...another idiotic boat skipper on the loose.

Carnage at the Pin by Pin? Gin Palaces rule!