Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad night jackin

bad night jackin

i drove the usuall 40 mins from coomera to tweed heads to get to the jack spot. after about ten mins with no action the water erupted around my 120mm halco laser pro, luckily i had the drag screwed up on my team diawa zillion and after a minute or so a nice little jack was on the bank. As always i took a quick pick and went to let him go, i took a step towards the river and then "crack", with my eyes closed i prayed to myself "please let that be a stick". and then the bad news. my favorite rod a g-loomis crank bait, baitcaster lay on the ground in two pieces. with the jack safely back in the river a moment of silence was held in honor of my rod before packing up for the sad trip home with no fish for a feed and minus one rod.

Bummer, that's gotta hurt mate....RIP the Loomis

Mike

can ya share the jack spot with me?

gday bigroder ,whats the go with loomis you pay them a fee i think $130 something like that and they will replace your rod ,hope that helps,cheers.

thanks childers, i thought it was $110, but that will have to wait. car rego... did the pic of the jack work?

Yep the pic worked.
    The $$ on a rep[lacement loomis is depending on the blank
    from what I understand.

Dont worry Big, Lost my 4 week old Certate and Loomis to a boat. I was
    nearly in tears.

First cast out with 2nd line (Which was tangled) Picked up the line.

Lotto Tickets and alot of thanks to the man up stairs.

Aj

Well done with the Jack, mate I'm very jealous! My sympathies with the rod though. I remember done the same with a nice shakespeare rod I had. I had a live mullet out in the Burdekin river. I heard the line get taken out so set the hooks heard a snap and watched a barra dance. Looked at the tip of the rod - broken! I had whacked it into a low branch. Lost the barra too... not happy!

I would like to take my rod breaking story complaint back. I just checked how much your Loomis rod cost. No wonder the tears were flowing! You poor bugger.

yeah PUSH, they are expensive. ($485, don't tell the missus.) but they have a life time warranty, it will cost me $110 for a brand new one. doesn't matter how you break em you get a new one..... SWEET!

They do sound very nice. Now just to work out how to get it past the wife....hmmm.

Do what I did guys, get the price tag off a much cheaper rod and have that attached to it when you bring it home.

Trust me works a treat.......... a rod is a rod to the missus.

P.S

Make sure the missus is watching you type out this message.
    For some un explained reason the back of my head hurts.
    With a posing question by wife....... You haven't done that?
    1 sec later, there is near a price on them when you bring them home.

Be careful guys the Money monster is always watching.

Aj

They don't miss a trick do they. And yet I continue to delude myself whenever pick up that much desired item off the shop shelf.

hey push, if you want reel top quality rods and reels check out team diawa gear. i've got my eye on a baitcast rod rated to 25lbs that is thinner and lighter than my lookis that was rated to 17lbs for only $200. and i have nothing but praise for my new team diawa zillion reel. from now on team diawa will be the first name i think of when buying new gear.

hey push, if you want reel top quality rods and reels check out team diawa gear. i've got my eye on a baitcast rod rated to 25lbs that is thinner and lighter than my loomis that was rated to 17lbs for only $200. and i have nothing but praise for my new team diawa zillion reel. from now on team diawa will be the first name i think of when buying new gear.