Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back into em on the coffee rocks

Back into em on the coffee rocks

Finally got to use the boat after cleaning out the cobwebs.
    Have been very busy working and finishing of our diving/spearing dvd(thank god its done).
    Went out to the coffee rocks and got some crays, jacks and tuskys. Lots of fish life on the coffee rocks this time of year. Saw 20-30 small maori cod and 5 purple cod all a bit small for us but still about legal size. Only saw one 15kg macky and a few schools of 2-4kg squire. Just good to get back into it. Cheers and hope every one had a safe and happy Xmas\NewYear.
    Doug

Nice photo's Doug, well done !!!! That's one huge parrot....

Mark

nice crays yum well done

They are great photos of the fish life you got there, and one monster parrot. It is good to hear there are plenty of fish getting near legal size so they can be caught in the coming years . Good sized crays as well keep up the reports
    Ken

how many kg did the parrot go good fish

Some great photos there! Well done

excellent photos good to see

Talking video trailer

Went and had a look at the trailer to your video excellent footage i would like to see the lot have to talk to finance manager can it be bought in a store or only on site ...... bluefin59

that parrot is a beaut

cheers dave

Talking

Well done Doug i bet that parrot tasted sweet I saw you dvd before Christmas you nailed some big fish on it

Well done, great pics there too, when does the dvd release happen, gee you guys are game to spear in these waters.

I remember back in S.Afr about 8 years ago a diver was taken by a Great White about 400m offshore, he had 2 big fish he had speared hanging off the side of him, I suppose the shark took a liking to the offering and smell.

His best mate witnessed the whole thing and I think has since given up his diving passion.

Much respect to you guys and enjoy the feed.

Its a Tuskfisk not a Parrot

You crazy fisherman its a blackspot tusky not a parrot. Parrotfish have a beak and they dont regularly take baits but they take a spear and they taste good too. Think tusky was 8kgish didn't weigh it just ate it.
    Yeah DVD was finished late last year if you want to check it out just follow signature links. Hey bluefin there are not many spearfishing stores around so hard to wholesale but can be got at adrenaline on deshon st woolongabba.
    Will see if I can put up a little vid of me in a cave on Sat on the coffee rocks.
    Steenbras - I don't worry about sharks if I get eaten I just hope Brett films it, we don't have as my whites up here only a few in winter and we never keep a fish on our body thats asking to get bit. It's not as bad in the water as most fisherman think, almost but not quite.
    Cheers all
    Doug
    Ps look at a weather chart, this fri,sat will be glass offs in the morning with a nice sea breeze in the arvo.

Photos of a 6kg tusky taken late last year while diving with camera
    Last edited by DougHanning; 22-01-2007 at 06:38 PM.

hi doug impressive as always,did you drop into amity to clean up afterwards, saw a stabicraft and a massive tusky sitting on the bench as i was heading out. also what weather site are you looking at to see that far ahead.tony.

Nuffy,

Weather site could be seabreeze.com.au

Has since changed, but Friday through till after lunch is looking good for Brisbane and adjacent waters.

Cheers
    Craigie.

Doug first off love the blue visions dvd some awesome footage and its good to see fish shot which I have seen on this site. Love that wahoo shot at the end just before the marlin and thew trout action is awesome. Loved the sound track by the way loved the choclate box in my guts song.

Awesome bluey mate they go off and taste is hard to beat. Keep up the good work