Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Camper Trailer

My New Camper Trailer

Just thought I would share this with you all.

After much deliberation I have chosen my new camping home, a Camel Camper. The deposit has been paid and construction is underway. http://www.camelgroup.com.au/default.asp

The following photos best describe what it's going to look like however mine will be green and beige. Yes deliberately so to match my website colors.

First one shows it all folded down and ready for the road

Full midge proof gazebo

Full annexe - note all the walls can be used as awnings

Mine will have the larger than standard tent area seen in this one with the extra large window beside the door

[b] Now if you can imagine that in green and beige, you will know what its going to look like.

Derek
    Last edited by Derek Bullock; 20-01-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Here is one of the kitchen setup that is attached to the swing out tailgate. All stainless steel benches and very functional. It will have gas, a full 12 and 240 volt system however I have chosen to use a Coleman Duel Fuel stove and light. Unleaded fuel is the way to go. I am thinking of running a solar panel to charge the deep cycle batter.

The battery setup

Oh yeah, someone said to me the other day ........... if your going to tow that what are you going to do about a boat. I pointed to the roof racks on the new Suziki and said .............. a kayak mate. He said ........... what your going to paddle everywhere.........................

Do you know this thing only weighs 35 kilos without the motor and battery pack ..............one battery pack as a dual purpose thing.

Nice rig Derek, look forward to seeing some updates

Cheers

Now that's camping, solving the boat problem was done well also.

Regards Cameron.

Yes Derek, that's quite inpressive. I am assuming it is being build in Qld ? How long until delivery. Mate had paid a deposit on a ***** camper trailer and waited nearly 3 months with no joy, so took back deposit and went with another company.

The Kayak looks the goods. I reckon you should hit the Agnes Water / 1770 M & G in Oct with that and dredge out some Jacks from the surrounding creeks.

BTW, that's one large tent area. Looks big enough to hold it's own M & G and the film crew from Briz 31 !!!!!!

Nice work.

Cheers Phill

Hi Phil

Yes it's made in Queensland. Delivery is the second week in February.

The Yak isnt a reality yet, still weighing up the pros and cons. The Yak is made at Maroochydore.

Derek

Hi Derek,

You have a truly magic set up with this unit, the tent arrangement is brilliant, these guys have a huge reputation in Queensland. The only thing I would change is using a "glass matt" battery instead of the "deep cycle". Can you give us a guide as to price?

Good on you
    Tony

For an idea on price check out the website. It lists the cost for everything. A basic trailer starts at $6800 from memory.

http://www.camelgroup.com.au/default.asp

Looks like a good set up Derek, campin in style

35 kg for the dual tempo, well my single is 30, so I think it couldnt be with battery and electric
    Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Yo View Post
    Looks like a good set up Derek, campin in style

35 kg for the dual tempo, well my single is 30, so I think it couldnt be with battery and electric
    The 35 kg is hull weight only. Battery and motor extra. http://www.fishingkayak.com.au/index.html

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by shadrack View Post
    Hi Derek,

You have a truly magic set up with this unit, the tent arrangement is brilliant, these guys have a huge reputation in Queensland. The only thing I would change is using a "glass matt" battery instead of the "deep cycle". Can you give us a guide as to price?

Good on you
    Tony
    As Rob said, have a look at the website. There is a calculator there that you can cost everything.

Derek

Pardon my ignorance but what is a 'glass matt' battery? Never heard of it but it certainly interests me and you mentioning its suitability.

Cheers wow

i have that exact kayak ...."tempo 2"....goes every where with me that the boat cant go.....great up the beach!!

viking sell through peppertown on the north side and the kayak shop on tingal rd wynnum

Hi Derek, those campers look pretty flash, also like the web site, that gives you a quote straight away. That eliminates the bull sh!t factor, I like that in a company, not hiding nothing even from there competition.

Question does that deep cycle battery have it's own charger for when hooked up to 240 volt.
    Last edited by Roughasguts; 21-01-2007 at 03:16 PM.