Thread: Wanted Info On Monduran Dam

Wanted Info On Monduran Dam

can any body help,myself and a few blokes from work trying to plan fishing trip to monduran dam.
    we have been trying to find info on price of camping,boating perments and so on
    we are hoping to tow our boats up as well,but a few blokes dont have boats is there any boat hire at the dam.
    hope someone can help?

alby
    i was up there this week but i dont recall boat hire at the dam
    more info on this site
    http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Monduran.htm

Dan

thanks very much did you catch any

only one barra 72cm se winds slowed down the fishing

Dan

Yes there are hire poly boats you will also need a SIP about $35 a year

try lakem.com.au

The couple who run the campground are very helpful. If a group of you are going up in summer it is probably worth checking out the price of the aircon houses.

they have boats for hire.

Sweetwater charters has put a heap of good info up on this site

you need to decide if you want to catch max fish, or most exciting fish. If max fish is your go at this time of year, you probably should troll? Ring the park and Brett and take your choice.

You will need a stocked impoundment permit to fish Monduran. You can get one there, or probably at your local Qld tackle shop.

If you find a recipe that makes the fish taste nice, please post it

Rick K

Hi Alby , there are Poly Boats for hire from the Kiosk, just give Rob and Kelly a call on 41 573881 for information on all camping and Boat Hire.
    You can grab a permit from the Kiosk or get one online from the DPI website, this is a good way as you can print a few copies out so you have them everywhere and you do not forget them.

McCod had a great report on a week at Monduran if you find that one.
    I would recommend a variety of Deep and Shallow divers with a minimum of 30 lb Braid and 80 lb Leader. Some of the Bigger fish we have been connecting to in amongst the timber have just been making a meal of us.
    A Gps is a must if you have never been there before and wish to do a bit of exploring.
    The past fortnight I have not heard to many bad reports on not being able to at least find a couple of Barra.
    Good Luck and watch the Logs just under the surface.
    Brett

alby, My fishing mate and I will be up there from thursday to sunday 28th will be camping under the big tree down on the flat. Red F150 duel cab white glass boat say g'day

hey rick k,have eaten a few fish out of this dam and they are the best fresh water barra i have eaten lived in the territory for three tears these are better,no more than 800mm and if you are prepared to put a bit of prep into the fish i do it.1 bleed fish straight away when you get back to camp 2. gut and scale .3.open up and add pepper ,cappsicum,chedder cheese,red onnion.4 fold up and lay on foil and slice two or three cuts in each side ,add a small amount of garlic butter to each,5. slice a small lemon add half to aech side . 6. rap up and cook on barby ten minutes each side and check one side after 20 minutes depending on condition and size of fish.it sounds a bit but after a couple of times it comes easy and i have not have had a bad fish come out of this recipe yet.it also can be used for all species and is very succesful.good luck cheers AL

sorry rick ,between bleed fish strtaight away should be go back to camp then 1

Thanks Warrior, will print and try next visit, which isn't for a while

Brett, ooops. Typed Sweetwater instead of the correct name, Still-Water. Sorry.

No Worries Rick, I have been called worse before LOL . :grin:

Also if you want a recepie for these guy;s drop me a Pm or e-mail.
    Last edited by still-water; 21-01-2007 at 05:41 AM.

thanks every body for the info we are planing to easter time, i bet it would be pretty pack then.
    sorry outrigger maybe one time we can stop off and say hi.
    by the way how does soft plactics go on the barra?
    thanks again every body