Thread: Camping Noosa?

Camping Noosa?

Hi everyone,

The girlfirend and I are looking to get a way for 3 or 4 days camping from the 29th of this month. We were thinking Noosa would be good. Looking to mostly go fishing, to the beech that sort of thing. Would consider other options that meet these critera.

Can anyone sugest a good camping ground at Noosa or somewhere else within 3 or 4 hours of Brisbane. Also any suggestions on cheap tinny hire or fishing spots in the area would be great.

Cheers

Rob

I always camp at the council campground at Munna Point, I think it's called Noosa River Caravan Park. Its right on the water at Munna Pt, you can fish straight off the bank there or hire boats from about 3 oplaces along Gympie Tce which runs along the river. It is ver central and reasonably priced, about $25 a night for a site. Close to eveything. I'll be there in March.

noosa north shore has a camp ground, access to the beach for fishing, 4wd. we've stayed in the cabins but not the campgrpund, nice part of the world!

across the cable ferry moorindil st, tewantin

Sorry guys, should have metioned 2wd only.

Thanks

2wd ok till you hit the beach then you walk
    all bitumin road now

Noosa Northshore Retreat has gone to the dogs.

The family and I went there just after new years and the place was diagraceful. You could smell the toilets from 100 metres, you would be lucky to get a hot shower or any water at all (which cost you 40 cents I might add), and the grass on the sites were around a foot tall.

I definitely wont be going back there, I will try the wilderness park on the beach next time.

I had a chat to the pub manager and was informed the park is only managed part time over the peak periods. There was no sign of managament at all.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the heads up Madman, definately wont be going to Noosa North Shore Retreat. Will check out Munna Point when we get there, sounds interesting. Thanks for everyones help!

Hi RobGoesFish, a great place to camp at Noosa is John's Landing. If your coming via boat it's upstream between the 2 lakes on the left. You can't miss it as it's a 6 knots zone. If by road from Bris take the Eumundi exit off the Bruce Hwy, all the way into Tewantin. When ur in Tewantin get onto the Boreen Pt Rd (McKinnon Drrive) and eventaully take a right onto Lake Cooroibah Rd. Follow for about 5mins til you get to and then cross over a cattle grid. This should be John's Rd. It's a dirt/sandy track easily accessed by 2wd/familycar. Follow til you get to the homestead and stop at the gate to pay. I was there most of last week and it's $10/night/car (not per person ) They allow camp fires and there's a small ramp at the site and a shop and amenities. There's also heaps of places there, along the river banks for landbased fishing, but beware there's also a lot of river traffic. This being said just whilst I was there a young kid pulled in a nice Cod, Trevor and a stonker of a Jack (50cm) right next to the ramp using live whiting! If you need any further info post here or pm me.

Cheers,
    Dorado
    ...in case of emergency, take me fishing

Thanks Dorado. Sounds like a nice place. Unfortunatly I have already paid a deposit at Munna Point, though might check John's landing out next time I am ready for a holiday!

Rob. probably a good thing to book a site as its usually pretty busy..

Re: Camping Noosa?

Spent a very ralaxing week at Munna Point. Didn't get as much fishing done as I initially planned because I was too busy relaxing. Great place to go particularly for young families. The park had a lot of backpackers in it when I was there and the managers made a very firm impression at check in that there would be no noise after 10pm gving us the number for their 24hr security if we had any problems.

Keen to check out St John's Landing next time but Munna Point will be very hard to beat.

Hey Rob,

Glad to hear Munna Point was good for you and you had a very relaxing time. It is a great place but is does get crowded particularly at peak times. Being so close downstrea it is very handy if you wanna access offshore grounds. Hope you do get to check out John's Landing sometime, it is far quieter and also very relaxing too, imo, and like Munna Point, it too can pull crowds in at certain times but not as bad compared to Munna, again imo I know, I'm just biased. Incidently, there is also a backpackers located right behind John's property, totally seperate to it.

If you have Google Earth and would like to check out JL sometime let me know and I'll shoot you over the gps coords.
    Cheers,
    Dorado
    ...in case of emergency, take me fishing

One thing I forgot to mention is that the ground is rock hard at Munna Point so don't forget the hammer for the pegs like I managed to!

Thanks Dorado, have sent you a PM