Thread: Catfish lures

Catfish lures

I enjoy fishing for catfish every now and again, and recently someone mentioned a rattling lure draws them out pretty quick. Is there any specific lure that anyone reccomends???

Cheers Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Barraless View Post
    I enjoy fishing for catfish every now and again, and recently someone mentioned a rattling lure draws them out pretty quick. Is there any specific lure that anyone reccomends???

Cheers Matt

A lime green Jackall. The best Forkie lure at Wivenhoe by a long shot. Method is to cast lure, place rod in rod holder, light smoke, pick up rod, wind in Forkie, recast and repeat. You'll run out of smokes before you run out of Forkies. I think my quickest was 15 seconds from the lure leaving the rod tip to the Forkie leaving the water, but I was dropping the lure straight down, so that could be cheating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    A lime green Jackall. The best Forkie lure at Wivenhoe by a long shot. Method is to cast lure, place rod in rod holder, light smoke, pick up rod, wind in Forkie, recast and repeat. You'll run out of smokes before you run out of Forkies. I think my quickest was 15 seconds from the lure leaving the rod tip to the Forkie leaving the water, but I was dropping the lure straight down, so that could be cheating!!!
    I concur. The Jackals are great on the whiskered warriors. Only lure to have at Big W if ya only like forkies.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

cattamundi at monduran like being below birds in trees and love pink lures

they don't tend to mind what size lure either!!

thats a fullsized barra classic and isn't the only one we have caught on these lures (Monduran dam). the other one came from the salt caught on a manns 15+ (pine river). am yet to get one on a jackall myself but have only worked them at northpine and a little at Borumba. (they would have to work being such a good lure).

cheers
    Brandon...
    Last edited by BrandonH; 25-01-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Catfish at Big W will take anything you throw at them! Don't know if I would use a $25 Jackall. Try a G-vibe they are only$5 and catties love them.

Phil

The bay behind White Rock at Monduran is full of catties...and they are aggresive little buggers. They were hitting anything that was thrown at them when we were there!