Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attaching photos/files to posts

Re: Attaching photos/files to posts

i tried again with the same photos and it worked. not too sure why, didnt do anything different.
    cheers

Ok it's late and i have had a few reds, so i can attach pics as a managed file attachment, no prob, my question is how do some post come up with big pic (file) in post text and not as attachments?
    Cheers

Those pics are linked from another website and are not an attachment

This is done by clicking on the insert image icon then entering the URL of the image.

You can use photobucket or similar to host your pics for free http://photobucket.com/
    You can select your pic in photobucket and it will give you the URL (website address) of the pic to use.

How do I attached additional images to a classified?

Thanks

Luc

See post number 20 of this thread.

Thanks,

All done!!

Luc

Steve, I'm not seeing the "ATTACH" icon in the box when I started a new thread or try to edit the post. When I click - go advanced - it appears for a split second then disappears.

Can you assist?

Regards,
    Wags

Steve.

One thing I can't manage is to make the pics smaller to fit the required size. The only way I've managed to do it so far is by emailing them to someone then have them emailed back at the required size. My computer runs vista. Luckily my fishing skills are a bit better than my computer skills which are very basic.

Thanks and Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Steve.

One thing I can't manage is to make the pics smaller to fit the required size. The only way I've managed to do it so far is by emailing them to someone then have them emailed back at the required size. My computer runs vista. Luckily my fishing skills are a bit better than my computer skills which are very basic.

Thanks and Cheers
    Try looking through this thread. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=54112
    Regards

mod5

Thanks Elma, I found a VSO software resizer in my travels that is compatable with vista. I'll see if I can work out how to use it.

Cheers

2 questions.

I notice some pics don't appear as thumbnail and take a while to view, just looked at sooties in the freshwater section.

i notice the max size for a jpg is 100K, but these sootie pics are 200K.
    it won't allow me to upload larger pics.
    how come it works for some?
    Most of these digital cameras now save the pic at 1 or 2 megs, bit of a pain resizing but that's ok.

randell

There are various ways to do this and can be answered by more qualified people then me.

Basically upload pics to a independant website that stores pics for the public and then copy the URL as a file to the body of the post.

Also, I use a software package like Adobe Photo elements to downsize all pics i want to post on the boards. downsizes file size not dimensions.

check out post number 25 of this thread.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks LP,
    I'll just downsize them...
    I don't have much to brag about....
    I caught a squid yesterday, and took a pic but the memory card was not clicked down.......................

randell

I've tried this prossess and it keeps telling me my pics are to large and need to be changed but i have no way of changing the megapixel i'm only usin a olympus camera so where am i going wrong

OK - since the new look I haven't had to post any pics but now I want to and when I go manage attatchments I get a screen which shows me a list of files that I have previously uploaded but there doesn't appear to be any way to navigate to another folder on my PC for where I have stored the pics. Is the floating tool bar hiding something on me