Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lost all my posts...

Re: Lost all my posts...

Rod, it has been fixed

Thank you very much steve I thought that i had posted a few more times than that.

Rod...

Hi Steve,

mate, could you please change my post count and perhaps amend my profile name at the old site as it is showing my log in name instead of my profile, kingtin.

My profile name, as it is now showing at the old site, was a user name elsewhere and also an email addy, which is now being bombarded with spam and I am now having to use it as a spam trap.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB...sername=bidkev

cheers

kev
    Last edited by kingtin; 07-05-2007 at 03:23 PM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Post count updated.

Sorry but the second part of your post doesn't make any sense to me. Your profile on the old boards has nothing to do with any spam you may be receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Post count updated.

Sorry but the second part of your post doesn't make any sense to me. Your profile on the old boards has nothing to do with any spam you may be receiving.
    Thanks for updating the post count.

I'll try and explain the other issue

kingtin was my profile..............bidkev was the name I used to log in.........it wasn't public until the site changed. When I joined Ausfish, I used it because it was an easily remembered, abbrev of our two Christian names, I used "bidkev" for logging in............it was hidden from all, other than ausfish admin. In the past it had also been used as an email addy but unfortunately it had been trawled from certain newsgroups to be used for spamming so became a dead letterbox (spam trap) IOW I used the bidkev addy in some public forums so that any responses would first go to the spam trap. That was quite a few years ago but "bidkev" has now become active again because the word is no longer hidden.

The name "bidkev" is now public.................anyone who wished to google "bidkev" may come up with posts at chat rooms which may or may not be mine, but the word "bidkev" is quite active and is also taken by other persons such as someone at ebay (I can't log on under that name) and some other sites who also have users using the name "bidkev"

I wouldn't like to be mistaken for one of them which is why I use kingtin and not bidkev in public.

Hope you understand where I am coming from here and that I have explained myself clearly. A logging in name has now become public , since the site changeover, by being shown as a profile name at the old site.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

The way the profile is shown on the old chat boards is the way it has been shown since it was installed. Can't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    The way the profile is shown on the old chat boards is the way it has been shown since it was installed. Can't change that.
    I'm not with you Steve? It has been changed.

My profile was kingtin from joining. Since the change, the site is showing my profile and old posts as bidkev. That was not my profile but my logging on name. See here and you will notice a post from me, as kingtin, is now showing the poster as bidkev when it was in fact, kingtin.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=54847

kev
    Last edited by kingtin; 07-05-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Your profile on the old board was always bidkev. Have a look at http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB...sername=bidkev
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Your profile on the old board was always bidkev. Have a look at http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB...sername=bidkev

We're getting bogged down here. Forget about the profile for a minute and I'll try again.

I have always been know as "kingtin" since joining and "kingtin" was always shown as being the poster, when I posted.

When I logged in, I logged in as "bidkev" but bidkev now shows as the poster on my old posts, when in fact those posts were posted by kingtin.

"bidkev" was never shown on my posts and was used purely by me, for logging on. I have absolutely no idea how "bidkev" became "public" but the point I'm making is that my old posts are attributed to a person that no one recognises as 'bidkev' had previously only been used by me to log on and not as a public username.

The other point is that anyone who recognises my old posts as being from 'kingtin" may wonder why it is now showing "bidkev" and they could put two and two together and surmise that 'bidkev" may well be "kingtin's" logging in name. OK, they don't know my password and there is no security breach, but as I say, I have encountered other "bidkevs" on the net and I wouldn't want it assumed that I am they, unless I so wish.

kev

Sorry, but the lad hadn't logged off.
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

It can't be changed.

Hi Steve

I've lost mine as well it seems. I have always been 'Reel Nauti' and I still am but my post count is showing only two figures.

Cheers

Dave

No such membername on the old system as Reel Nauti.

As stated in this thread, I need your original Membername not your displayed name. The info/link that I need is explained in this thread. If you can give me that info I can get it sorted for you.

Ok thanks Steve

I think my membername is Dave_Sue_FishosTwo.

I'm not exactly sure of the puctuation of it, but the names are definitely as described above.

Cheers and thanks

Dave

Yep found it. It has been adjusted.

Thank you Capt'n!