Thread: Clark Kirkleagh Klassic. Lake Somerset, October 13

Clark Kirkleagh Klassic. Lake Somerset, October 13

12th Annual Clark Kirkleagh Klassic

Over the course of the last 11 years the Kirkleagh Klassic Family Fishing Competition has become one of the most popular family orientated freshwater fishing competitions in Australia.
    With plenty of cash & prizes up for grabs and the chance to fish on one of Queenslands premier freshwater impoundments, it is little wonder that competitors come back year after year.
    SWFSA are also pleased to announce the commitment given by Clark boats to again be the major sponsor of this event.

The large camping area has great facilities for camping with electric Bar-B-Qs, covered picnic tables and several amenities blocks that have hot showers and clean toilets.
    Launching a boat at Kirkleagh is a breeze with 6 lanes on boat ramp in two locations (handy if there are windy conditions prevalent) and there are many places where campers can set up on the edge of the lake and pull their boat virtually right into their camp.
    Competitors in the Kirkleagh Klassic won’t need to purchase the normally required SEQWC camping or boating permits that usually apply as the competition organizers have leased the entire Kirkleagh campgrounds for the duration of the event.
    There are several different divisions that competitors can choose.
    The main competition is based on a secret weight system so that those that catch the biggest fish are not necessarily the winners.
    The categories that are available are bass, golden perch (yellowbelly), silver perch and dewfish (eel tailed catfish) in both senior and junior divisions.
    There are no divisions for saratoga or Mary River cod as the stocking group are trying to build up numbers to form breeding populations.
    The Kirkleagh Klassic is also attractive to sports mined anglers.
    There is a catch & release section where extra incentive prizes are on offer for anglers that choose to release their fish.
    There will be a special “catch and release only” tent situated on the lake edge so that anglers can bring in their catch for weighting without leaving their boats.
    This concept has been getting more popular every year as the catch and release ethic gains more interest.
    Dewfish (eel tailed catfish) are not eligible for catch and release for safety reasons.
    The Kirkleagh Klassic will be on October 13 and 14 at Kirkleagh Recreation Area, Lake Somerset.
    Entry fees are adults $35 and juniors $5.
    Hot food and cold drinks will be available at the main compound for those that don’t want the hassle of feeding the tribe.

As in previous years, all monies raised will go directly towards fish stocking initiatives in lakes Somerset and Wivenhoe.
    Hope to see you there.
    Entry form are available on line at the link below.

Somerset and Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn. (SWFSA)
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/swfsa/

Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Finger

Re: Clark Kirkleagh Klassic. Lake Somerset, Octobe

Fitzy,
    Mate if i'm livin in brisvagus then, i'll be there with bells on
    hookin,Brett

SHANE

GARRY
    # # # # # # IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE PEOPLE WILL BE BACK THIS YEAR FROM THE FISH FARM TAKING SOME OF THE CATCH AND RELEASE FISH BACK TO THE HATCHERY AGAIN
    THIS WAS A PLUS FOR THE CATCH AND RELEASE GUYS TO SEE SOME OF THE FISH BEING PUT TO GOOD USE MYSELF I HAD SIX OF MY YELLOW BELLY TAKEN BACK TO THE FARM
    AND THE BONUS WAS MY YOUNG SON AND WIFE GOT TO GO DOWN AND SEE THE FISH THROUGH OUT THE COMP AND FOR A TWO YEAR OLD THIS WAS A REAL BONUS TO THE TRIP AWAY
    MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE THE SALTWATER COMPS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA WITH A BIG HOLDING TANK TO KEEP SOME FISH OVER THE COMP FOR PEOPLE TO VIEW

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE LAWSON
    GARRY
    # # # # # # IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE PEOPLE WILL BE BACK THIS YEAR FROM THE FISH FARM TAKING SOME OF THE CATCH AND RELEASE FISH BACK TO THE HATCHERY AGAIN
    THIS WAS A PLUS FOR THE CATCH AND RELEASE GUYS TO SEE SOME OF THE FISH BEING PUT TO GOOD USE MYSELF I HAD SIX OF MY YELLOW BELLY TAKEN BACK TO THE FARM
    AND THE BONUS WAS MY YOUNG SON AND WIFE GOT TO GO DOWN AND SEE THE FISH THROUGH OUT THE COMP AND FOR A TWO YEAR OLD THIS WAS A REAL BONUS TO THE TRIP AWAY
    MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE THE SALTWATER COMPS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA WITH A BIG HOLDING TANK TO KEEP SOME FISH OVER THE COMP FOR PEOPLE TO VIEW
    Hi Shane,
    At this stage I don't know if Sunland Fish Hatchery will be there again this year. For allowing Gwen & Richard to be there last year we got several thousand fish fingerlings from them in return, so it was a win/win situation.

Hope to see you there Shane,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Finger
    Fitzy,
    Mate if i'm livin in brisvagus then, i'll be there with bells on
    hookin,Brett
    Mate it'll be good to see you there. I pity all these poor perch when you hit town. Some big bass getting nailed up there at present.

Fitzy..