Thread: FRESHWATER PERMIT RENEWALS

SHANE

FRESHWATER PERMIT RENEWALS

WARNING TO ALL
    # CHECK THE DATES ON YOUR FRESHWATER PERMITS IF YOU ARE THE SAME AS ME AND GOT IN EARLY LAST YEAR WHEN THE WERE RELEASED THEY WOULD HAVE EXPIRED BY NOW OR ARE ABOUT TOO!!

DONT WAIT FOR ANY RENEWAL IT WONT COME ITS UP TO YOU TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE EXPIRY DATES

Re: FRESHWATER PERMIT RENEWALS

Good point Shane. Particularly with the spring season fast approaching & all the freshwater comps like Kirkleagh Klassic about to begin. 8)
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

My renewal notice arrived today, it was actually expired yesterday. I don't plan on heading out for a few weeks, so I'll do it before I next wet a line. So you probably will get a renewal notice, but not before time! Happy fishin! Katrina

I did go and renew my SIPS,permit but am still pee'ed off at the cheap bit of paper they give you. Why not a card that fits in ouw wallet. Yeah I know i could put it in a plastic bag but that is not the point. Cut some over heads and do it.
    If they are serious I would like to see there faces at the comps and a big crowd gatherer such as the Kirkleigh Classic for example. In the Bass comps we get hammered by the marine guy for our rego sticker being dirty. when most of us abide by rules regs no meato's and spend alot of money on gear and tourisim. but when you ring the 1800 save a fish line what response do you get Nuttun!.
    tony

I spoke with one of the girls at QFS today & confirmed that reminder notices will be sent out to the address supplied on last years SIP.
    Now remember to tick Somerset on the preference list when you renew.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Good point TonyP i got mine last year and cannot remember going freshwater fishing. I guess i better go dig it out was hoping to over the next couple of weeks, may have to get one ASAP.

Heading out to Boondooma to check things out for our Catch & Release competition in mid November.

SHANE

HI TO ALL
    LOOKS LIKE I JUMPED THE GUN THE OTHER DAY WITH THE RENEWAL

AS IT TURNED OUT MINE DID ARRIVE THE OTHER DAY IN THE MAIL AND YES I AGREE WITH TONYP COMMENTS ABOUT THEM MY OLD ONE AS HARD AS I TRIED THIS YEAR LOOKS LIKE THE DOG HAD EATEN IT

WALLET SIZE WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE #

Not me fitzy. I'm ticking Wivenhoe only. That dam needs some fish. 2 trips & 0 bass, #its just got to be empty. It couldn't possibly be anything I was doing. It would be a shame to see a few hundred thousand barra "accidentally" mixed into the stocked bass fingerling #(get to it).

Quote Originally Posted by lordy
    Not me fitzy. I'm ticking Wivenhoe only. That dam needs some fish. 2 trips & 0 bass, #its just got to be empty. It couldn't possibly be anything I was doing. It would be a shame to see a few hundred thousand barra "accidentally" mixed into the stocked bass fingerling #(get to it).
    Hi JC,
    Mate can't stock barra without a permit from QFS. Big W is a very big body of water to cover looking for fish. I think it just comes down to time on the water till you work out where the fish are & their habits. Keep trying mate, once you crack it you'll get some cricket score days. Suprised you didn't get any with King Chris out there.

Fitzy..

If its any consolation to me Chris got skunked on Sunday (only 2 forkies). If they want to keep that dam electric it could use another 10 boat ramps! I'm thinking of launching the portabote from the road north of Bryden. There must be a lot of unfished water there.

JC,
    If launching from there, be mindful of your car. Some farmer or Security guard may take a disliking to you launching there and/or your car being left there.
    Personally, I wouldn't risk it at that spot.
    There is some good country not far from there, if you do lauch there you see what I mean. 8) From there upstream Wivenhoe is really just a river.
    To get to that area I launch at Hamon Cove & take the long trek up there. Used to be able to put in at the end of Crossdale Road but they blocked it off a few years ago now.

Fitzy..

I like rivers. Chris and I are planning on trying the river below the dam wall just passed fernvale. Top spot for the portabote. Water looks great too. I much prefer river fishing to dam fishing. Are there any fish left in there or did they spawn to the crosby weir and get blocked from returning? #If the top of the dam looks like that it could be great for #summer fishing.

One thing I know, the next time we go to wivenhoe in Chris's boat I'm put my electric on the back. When combined with his front mounted electric it should get around a little quicker.

In the height of summer in Big W, I stick to the open water of the main lagoon. Bays (& the shallower/warmer water) find the forkies in these areas en masse, not so many in the open water of the basin.
    Currently fish throughout the whole river from Big W down to the tidal reaches as at Karana Down/Colleges.

Pick a spot a go for it, you should get something.
    Give some thought to putting in at Twin Bridges & going down to Savages Crossing or Burtons Bridge & getting picked up there. Great way to see some beautiful country. A couple of sets of rapids in there but none to bad unless it is in flood.

Fitzy..