Thread: Leslie Dam

Leslie Dam

Anyone fished Leslie lately? Or possibly heading out on weekend of the 20/10? If anyone has any ideas on what's happening out there at the moment ie where the fish are, what lures etc. I'd love to know! Haven't been out there since May, and it's not a long weekend, so I don't want to waste too much time not catching fish! Cheers, and happy fishing!

Re: Leslie Dam

Havn,t been there myself lately,but my club fished there last weekend. They reported that fish were hard to find, and water levels to be quite low,blue ,green algae to be quite thick. It may be better to give it a miss,but on the other hand it might just fire up while your there,you nether know.

Cheers

Thanks Steve, might just give it a miss. I'll have a chat to the ranger, and if he's negative, we might head to Somerset instead. Heard some good reports from there, so it might be the go.

Somersets probably the go , with some good schools of Bass scattered around the dam , and some Yellows in the shallows around Pelican point , it,s not too hard to find a few fish.

tight lines.

Had a chat with Peter Guy out there today, and he reckons the dam is at 27% capacity, but the blue green algae is low, being just visited by the dpi. A few yellowbelly are being caught, a few on lures, but mostly on live shrimp. Probably do leslie, it's our favourite dam!