Thread: Slider Grubs Motoroil

Slider Grubs Motoroil

Bought some slider grubs today-motoroil and they sure do smell like it.I thought oil would turn the fish off. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Luke

Brett_Finger

Re: Slider Grubs Motoroil

Luke,
    mate i have always wonded that myself,i'll be folling this tread with intreast.
    Hookin, Brett

They work a treat on Bass. Give them a try and you'll see what I mean. The electric blue sliders are killers on bass as well.

Good fishing

Christine

PS The smell doesn't put them off at all.

Christine

Thanks Christine,
    I'm there mate!
    Luke

When biting a couple of rungs off the top of the sliders there is a bit of a "taste". Not sure if it is motoroil - been a while since I've had a taste of it.
    It certainly doesn't put the bass off.
    We're having a go with sliders on flathead next week so I hope they also like the brand of oil on the sliders.
    Regards
    Sav

Had a go with the sliders this morning but did better on the spinners.Gorge at Moogerah-still as beautiful as last time I was there.
    Luke

Motor-oil is the colour. Nothing to do with taste, smell or production method.

Smithy,
    It has an oily residue and definately smells sumpish. Might be my imagination.

PAYNE

It's interesting to know that a lot of these "plastics" are labelled with the likes of "this product is known to cause cancer in the state of california" (or words to the effect). If you're looking at having a chew on one, it would probably be better to use a pair of scissors or cutters!

You can break them off pretty easy without resorting to teeth or snips.
    Fish bite em off on a regular basis.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au