Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing near davies park

Fishing near davies park

hey guys
    I fish near Davies park in the Brisbane river and was wondering I have only caught catfish since i have been there could someone give me some advice? Also i'm thinking of getting a crab pot and was wondering how do you handle/take them out of the crab pot and kill them thanks guys!!!!! By the way my msn is cool_dude_54200@hotmail.com

Re: Fishing near davies park

You'll get a few a crabs around the mangroves in that area. Don't worry about killing them, just boil em! That gets them pretty dead! Good luck on catching anything other than catties from West End, not exactly a fishing haven! Have fun.

hey thanks man
    so do ya like take em out of the crab pot and then boil em or is there a trick to you know take em out without getting nipped?

Yep, get an old spud sack, put the opening of the sack over the opening of your crab pot and tip em in. #Then take em home, and tip em into a pot of boiling salted water. #Done dinner!

PS securing the top of the spud sack is probably a good idea, or whack them in an esky!

Hey thanks man you have really helped me out!!
    ummmm do you have icq,aol,msn,irc?

Glad to be a help, we used to fish the river years ago when we lived at Graceville. AOL is russ70kat71 or msn russel

ok only problem is russel? is it russel@hotmail.com or something else

too much information I have been told!!!!! Stick with the AOL

are you on aol at the moment and is it russel@hotmail.com

OK sorry
    can you sign in on aol coz it looks as though you r not signed in cheers
    jack

Hey man
    ummmm I got to go so if you could just tell me your aol addy and sign on then that would be very much appreciated cheers

russ70kat71@aol.com(No viruses thanks)):

So Katrina......how do you get those nipper things out of the pot again? ;-)

Regards, Randall.
    (The no aol, icq, msn,irc,lol,drs, dys fella) What ever that means!!

hey randall
    maybe I can help? Just put the hole of the crab pot over a sack and put them in only thing I dont understand is how do you know if they r male or female?

Check under the carapace, the males are more triangular, females more of a rounded shape. #Check out the DPI fisheries website for a diagram, and more 'official' type info.

Address is www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb