Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future of Somerset & big W

Re: Future of Somerset & big W

The pressure is mounting, if the stocking group throw it in, then everyone is stuffed, including the Coominya Fishing Club who took the lease at MacLean Point. I've heard comments this week comparing that fishing club to scabs who cross a union picket line. I don't know if that's an accurate description as I can say that the stocking group had a hell of a time deciding if they should take up the offer to lease Billies Bay.

As for the above club being classed as scabs i don't agree with that, they took up an option as was open to many others.

I just don't agree with private groups having a lease with people if they want to use that part of the dam must be a member of that club ??.

I still feel it is a thin edge to the wedge.... next year maybe another ramp and so on ................. untill all areas are leased to interested groups.

I do sit back and can only imagine the lease and restrictions placed on them and all the MUST DO's ........... lol

Anyway time will tell what will be.

Re: Future of Somerset & big W

I could be wrong but I think the members usage only comes down to public liability insurance costs. to get insurance that is remotely affordable the restrictions placed on the groups will be pretty steep and even then there are huge loopholes, at the end of the day its not a cheap thing to do and membership dolars are how the insurance is paid.

Cheers

Simon.