Thread: licence hickup (fines)

SHANE

licence hickup (fines)

a problem with licences has come to mind in my families case
    what are peoples thoughts
    my problem is if i,m fishing one of the dams from my boat and my wife and child are fishing from the bank say near the camp site (as they do a fair bit)
    (this could be the hump and my wifes back at Kirkleigh camp grounds)
    what would the fisheries do here one of us would not be able to produce a licence
    and i,m sure a photo copy isn,t legal proof
    does one of us cop $180.00 fine ?????????????

shane

Re: licence hickup (fines)

Officially yes one of you could get a fine. I think the idea is that one of you is the permit holder & it gives an exemption to your "partner" if they accompany you on a trip, thus allowing a family atmoshere.
    By the partner being in one place & the permit holder in another that doesn't really give a "together" appearance if you get my drift.
    You could try carrying a photocopy, but I don't know how you'd go with that.
    I had photocopied mine & contacted it to the underside of a hatch in both boats in case I happened to leave my permit in the other one. I did't know if it would save my hide, so I bought a second one just in case.

Anyway, I think you'd need separate permits if you intend to fish separately. To be sure, to be sure.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

The_Walrus

Ha buraucracy goes wild again.

Try a colour copier and then laminate accordingly.

Can't tell the difference between original and clones.

Luc

Good call Luc.

Fitz
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

SHANE

thanks guys
    i might try the photo copy idea just incase
    they would be ar#$%oles to book a woman and a three year old boy sitting on the bank

cheers shane

Further to the topic Shane, I'm pretty sure that if you are the permit holder & the wife is your "partner" on the permit, if your wife was to go fishing & leave you at home the permit is no good to her. You need to be with her for her to be covered.

A bit silly I know, but that's the way it is.

Cheers,

Fitzy..