Thread: Fitzy

Fitzy

G'day Fitzy
    i read earlier on this site that you are involved witht the stocking group for Somerset and Wivenhoe. how do i get involved in this scene as i intend doing my best to catch the fish youve stocked, may as well get involved with putting some back eh.
    cheers

Re: Fitzy

Hi Landy1,
    The Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn Inc, was formed as a result of the Qld Governments Recreational Fish Enhancement Program. The govt kicked things off & the role of developing, maintaining & managing these fisheries was to be taken up by community based fish stocking groups.

SWFSA meet every month & deal with many issues relating to fishing, boating, fish stocking, the local environment & conservation. SWFSA's geographical area of responsibility covers the water of Lakes Somerset, Wivenhoe, Atkinsons Dam & their tributaries.

Take a look at their website (kindly hosted by ausfish.com.au) http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/swfsa/.

If there's any other info you would like please feel free to send me a private message or call Bunny on 07 3281 2794 during business hours.

Membership is free & new members are encouraged to become involved.

Warmest Regards,

Garry Fitzgerald
    Pres.
    SWFSA Inc
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au