Thread: Anyone having any luck for Bass in the Estuary??

Anyone having any luck for Bass in the Estuary??

G'day pplz

just wonderin if anyone has been having any luck in the brackish water on Bass???

ps my home streatch is around Grafton

phil

Re: Anyone having any luck for Bass in the Estuary

Hi Phil
    I think I'm glad your home territory is around Grafton. Our spawning bass need all the help they can get this time of year. Yours must be more resilient.
    In fact I once took to task a well-known fishing guide in NSW who openly advertised fishing trips targetting bass in the salt in winter! And his agent's response was to label ME as ignorant! What a hide!
    Mike

Phil,
    I'm a little north of you but still in NSW, I cannot seem to find the bass in the salt at the moment either. Maybe they know El Nino is on his way and are not going to spawn this year. Lets know if you find some and how far down they are in relation to other years.
    Mike
    Go and have a read of article by "Mr Bass" John Bethune in Freshwater Fishing Australia Issue Number 57. At the moment there is no closed season in NSW although there is talk of one, Bethune writes of his views on the same, interesting stuff from the expert.

OK Col, I'll check it out.

Mike

gday
    from wat ive just found out around the copmanhurst bridge is fishing alright but up in the gorge has the most fish still most fish up the gorge are big so the females are still in the fresh.i reckon that the fish will have a poor spawning season cos the river needs a bit of a flush with rain and i dont see that happening anytime soon . about the best my mate got last weekend was no trophy but a reasonable fish at 47cm . they only got 30 fish between them (4 of them) for the day.most going to small spinnerbaits or crazy crawlers. but the biggest fish went to a...
    in the lower clarence there is heaps of small flatties<1 1/2kg .bugger all bream coz theyre all on the beaches. heaps of them there the best ive heard of so far was a 2.49kg bream on a strip of mullet.
    tight lines
    phil